iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » 2 new movies for me today.....the same yet totally different!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2 new movies for me today.....the same yet totally different!
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt like watching new movies today and I felt like a cheesy romantic comedy....so first up

You Again
 -

I hadn't even heard of it??? it started out so awesome!! funny, cute Kristen Bell was great.....Jamie Lee made me laugh loudly!! a couple times and Sigourney hahaha then blam............the boringness blah blah blah.....it got kind of lame and typical and didn't make it up for me....so sad [Frown] but it's a new movie what did I expect???

next up:

My Girlfriends Boyfriend
 -

I'd put it in my netflix que days back because it stars Alyssa Milano.....I go to look at it's main page on NF today and everyone gave it 5 stars across the board so I go heck i'll give it a try.........it was awesome!! Sorta indie rom-com. But it had this genuineness to it.....plus Alyssa...who doesn't love Alyssa........and I about busted up laughing at this dialogue:

"but you have to like Grease?"
"I have to do no such thing"
"ooooooooooh"
"everybody likes Grease"
"the only nice thing I can say about Grease is that it's not Grease 2"
"I happen to love Grease 2"
"shut your mouth"
"i am not going to apologize for loving Grease 2"
"Grease 2 should apologize for Grease 2"
"have you ever even seen it?"
"no i've never seen it"
"then how can you judge a movie you've never seen?"
"I don't have to see Grease 2 to know that it's Grease 2"

(I had as much fun watching that again so I could type it out for you guys!)

Grease 2 has come up in conversation way to often for me these last couple weeks ha! I love that goosebump feeling when you see it played out in convo in a movie also....weird???

Anyway check this one out.....and if your bored watch You Again! [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Grease 2 has come up in conversation way to often for me these last couple weeks ha! I love that goosebump feeling when you see it played out in convo in a movie also....weird???
That happened to me this week. It makes you feel like the Universe is running according to some kind of massive plan.

Both those movies look pretty good!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
muffy, that grease 2 scene sounds very cool! [Smile]

and i had been wanting to see 'you again' since it was in theaters. but i read bad reviews about it and figured i could always rent it. i will at some point.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got You Again via Netflix today but haven't watched it. The previews looked really good. But I'll be honest---I don't think Betty White is as funny as what other people say she is.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have never watched grease 2, am i missing out on one of life's great expierences?

i really like michelle pfieffer, but i hate musicals. i can make an exception for the blues brothers because i dont think that is a traditional musical, if grease 2 is a musical like blues bros i am definitley in.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
petty - i agree with you about betty white, she is a very charming woman and big animal lover. [Wink] i admire that about her.

grease 2 is pretty much well hated. i prefer it over the first grease movie, but i watched grease 2 a lot as a kid. so it stuck with me.

and i have still not seen you again! ugh, too many movies on the list to watch.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just didn't enjoy You Again....
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
grease 2 is pretty much well hated. i prefer it over the first grease movie, but i watched grease 2 a lot as a kid. so it stuck with me.
Nostalgia can weave a powerful magic.

I've said this before on here, but... I saw Grease 2 before Grease (maybe a week before), and after viewing them both I decided I liked Grease 2 better. This kind of stuck with me for a while until I began to realise that more-or-less the whole construction of Grease - from the direction to the plot to the acting to the singing to the songs, was better than Grease 2! It then occurred to me that the only reason I had liked Grease 2 more, was because I found Michelle Pfieffer more attractive than ONJ, so the love story hooked me in more.

However, I do usually defend Grease 2, because I honestly believe it's a good musical romance that does exactly what it needs to. The fact that it's called 'Grease 2' kind of cursed it. If it could just shake the connection to the first it could be measured for what it is; a really good teen musical.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home