iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Paul (2011)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paul (2011)
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one film im dying to see. From the guys who starred in the fantastic Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost) and also starred in early 00s tv series Spaced. Im a big fan and have been waiting for this film check out trailer if you havent already im sure it will be another big hit for them, cornetto anybody?
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amaranth, the trailers for this look like fun. [Smile]

i love pegg and frost! i haven't seen hot fuzz all the way but shaun of the dead is a favorite of mine.

i will look out for the dvd on this one.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The previews for "Paul" are hilarious!

But haven't we seen 'Paul' before?  I mean .. Paul's like a combination of:

-

E.T.

-

Meathead 

in my opinion.  ha

Should make for a fun flick!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I laugh every time I see the preview. Me and a buddy are going to see this tommorow night...I'll let yas know what I think.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seen this last night. Definitely some funny parts, but still not sure I can reccommend. Neat references throughout the movie to pay homage to many sci-fi classics...Star Wars and ET were the obvious ones. Not helpful, I know....just not sure what to say about this one.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it was Seth Rogen's voice, ha,ha. It looked funny to me, until I heard Seth Rogen was the voice of Paul.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Good point Pitts. I actually like Seth Rogen, but now that you mention it....the voice just doesn't seem to fit the character....
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pitts? aww, no love for rogen? i like him.. [Smile]

kev, thanks for the feedback on the movie. i will still rent it, but sorry it wasn't a huge success with you. great to hear about those references.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

forgot to mention that i did see this and thought it was hilarious. loved it!

hopefully, i still feel the same way about it when it comes to dvd? [Wink]

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh Ronnie.. what made you suddenly think to post this?

All of 'Paul's Language On the Forum' postings? [Big Grin]

I must admit that the previews made me laugh .. and then I even watched "Meatballs 2" that night. This will definitely be a Netflix for me.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Paul' was so-so. Less of a movie than an excuse for more 'buddy' humour from Pegg and co. It had its moments.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with Logan.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home