iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » 00 remakes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 00 remakes
made in 81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9099

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for made in 81   Email made in 81   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the best or worst remake from an old movie or tv show?

I hate what they did to Scooby doo. Those movies are horrid! Dukes of Hazzard..dont get me started. Ugh..The A Team? Nobody tops the real Mr. T.

I heard they were gonna remake Footloose and Drop dead Fred..hmm dont like this idea either.

Posts: 21 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven´t seen many but i liked The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
and The Last House on the Left (2009).
Not classics but entertaining flicks.

The worst i´ve seen so far must be Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000)
Yuck!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
made in 81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9099

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for made in 81   Email made in 81   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I deff liked the new Chainsaw massacre, The hills have eyes was a little gross for me and Last house on the left was sick. I like more "monster" type killers, like Freddy, Michael and Jason.

If you saw it, what'd you think of Rob Zombies remake of Halloween? Personally, I loved it. Thought it was cool that there was a little more back story.

Ha yeah I agree on Gone in 60 seconds. Blah, 2 thumbs down!

Posts: 21 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally love Rob Zombie films they are so different they always keep you on edge to the end, and his music is fantastic too (big fan lol)
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the other hand, you can effectively counterargue that not knowing anything about where Michael's coming from makes him a more frightening figure, and that keeping his body count to a minimum as Carpenter did initially make the kills more terrifying. So I'd have to say no there.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by made in 81:

If you saw it, what'd you think of Rob Zombies remake of Halloween? Personally, I loved it. Thought it was cool that there was a little more back story.

The original Halloween & Halloween II are so sacred to me that
i don´t know if i really should watch those Rob Zombie remakes.
But somehow i think that someday my bro will force me to do so [Smile]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the Halloween remake. It was definitely better than part 8! Part 2 is....interesting. There are some things I like about it and some things I don't.

I haven't really found a lot of luck with other remakes, to be honest. The worst one has to be April Fool's Day!

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Zombie's remake of Halloween, and I liked his Halloween 2. As for other remakes, I liked Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the Dukes of Hazzard. Course, that could just be cause I like Johnny Knoxville...hee hee. [Big Grin] I also liked the Nightmare on Elm St. remake.

On the other hand, I HATED the remakes of Prom Night, The Fog and When a Stranger Calls.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home