iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » The Last House on the Left

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Last House on the Left
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you guys seen the previews for it?

The original was so weird. I know that if anyone ever touched my kid, that I would go nuts, and I'd make sure they suffered....I'd be the craziest person you'd ever want to come across if someone hurt my kid...so I can relate to that movie, with wanting to get the people who tortured your child.

I can't remember in the original, if their daughter was raped and killed, or just raped...

The new movie looks awful. It looks like every other scary movie they make, where it's dark and rainy and it tooks totally brutal.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love scary movies. But I doubt I will watch this one. I have a hard time watching some now since I am a mom. I think this one may be one to skip for me.

The preview does look pretty brutal I must agree.

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my horror...but...I've never seen the original Last House on the Left b/c of the rape. So if this one includes it I don't know if I could watch it. That's also the reason I never watched Mother's Day.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did see the original isis and i am pretty sure the girl got raped but she lived? bill wants to see the new one but i am not sure if we do see it i will probably not watch the rape scene those really get me upset and p.o. i have no kids but that doesn't matter it is just brutal to watch period!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The people I had staying here last night, the guy loves horror movies...they were in their early 20's. He said to me...did I ever see "The Last House on the Left". I said I have the original...I thought he was bringing it up because of the new movie out, and he said..no he didn't even know they remade it...and I said yeah- that's weird, because it comes out like right now...and he said no , he heard that the original was supposedly the scariest movie ever made, and I said I never thought that at all. I thought it was really weird. It was disturbing. But, there were times that they put really odd background music in it, that sounds like something in a Three Stooges movie...it didn't fit the type of movie that it was.

I watched the movie "The Guardian" with Martin Sheen and Louis Gossett Jr., and it has the absolute worse rape scene I have ever seen, and I hate it...it's awful. The guy comes in to the laundry room of the apartment building and rapes this young single mother...right in front of her little boy- who's only about 2-3 years old. The guy tells her not to scream, or he'll hurt her little boy, and she's crying, and yelling at the little boy to go home, and he doesn't know what to do, and he kind of walks up the steps...but he's mom is being attacked...it is just horrible to me. I hate it. The movie is a really good movie, but that one scene is just horrific, because I can't imagine being in a situation like that...but I think the guy would have ended up dead, if he would have tried that with me, if I had my kid with me-I know he'd end up dead. In the movie the woman is just overcome with fear and terrified and I think people go in to shock and are afraid to move.

I have always thought about what I'd do in a situation like that, and I know I would kill the person. I figure they are probably going to kill me anyway...so I would beat the heck out of them. I am not a tiny petite girl...I am 5'10, and I am really strong...it would have to be a huge person to over power me...but a little tiny girl -that is horrifying, and I can't imagine how scary it would be.

I can't stand to see people brutalized like that.

The couple that was here...they are in the age bracket of people- that have never seen the movies that we have - from the 80s...because they were too young in the 80s...and now they watch all these awful remakes, and never even know that there was ever a better original.
That's what is so weird to me.

He said he wanted my movie collection, because he wanted to see them all. They said they are going on a mission to find alot of the titles of movies I had.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i did see the original isis and i am pretty sure the girl got raped but she lived?
No, she dies. I've watched the original twice, first time was really disturbing. When I went back to it the second time, yes it was still disturbing but I also began to see all the amusing sides of the film, like the quirky music Isis mentioned and the chicken lady and I'm sorry but that whole chainsaw scene was beyond funny second time around.

I've seen some clips of the remake. I might give it a watch when it comes on TV but that's about it.

[ 09. March 2009, 04:30: Message edited by: There'll be no morning for us ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRSMMaiden
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7789

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TRSMMaiden   Email TRSMMaiden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I have always thought about what I'd do in a situation like that, and I know I would kill the person. I figure they are probably going to kill me anyway...so I would beat the heck out of them. I am not a tiny petite girl...I am 5'10, and I am really strong...it would have to be a huge person to over power me...but a little tiny girl -that is horrifying, and I can't imagine how scary it would be.

I can't stand to see people brutalized like that.

One of those situations were a person (the victim) might freeze up completely through terror or their adrenalin might kick in and fight back, kill or be killed.

I think its impossible to say how each of us would react unless it happened for real. Hopefully never have to find out.

Posts: 13 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw this this morning..and i loved it. it was so suspenseful!!! what a great thriller.. it was brutal but it was one of those movies where i pictured myself in that situation.. *shiver*.

i have never seen the original, but i will definitely check it out now.

great ending!

8/10

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched this and it was very brutal (watched the unrated version).
I must say thought that the ´72 version made a stronger impact.
Of course i now knew the storyline and what to expect
(although the were some changes) but that´s how i feel.
Not a bad flick by any means.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FcMovies
Rewind Curious
Member # 8402

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for FcMovies   Email FcMovies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really love horror movies. But i just cant stand it when a movie has rape in it.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home