iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Karate Kid Remake?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Karate Kid Remake?
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have ya'll heard anything about this? I was reading about it on another website. Supposedly Jaden Smith is supposed to take over Ralph Macchio's role and Jackie Chan will be Mr. Miyagi (sp?). I'm not sure what to think...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've been reading about it for a few months now..

ralph macchio isn't too thrilled about it and doesn't have high hopes for the remake either.

good luck to the studio (which i believe will smith has a dealing in) that is remaking the movie.

chan as mr. miyagi? i don't know about that..

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like its gonna suck. They aint gettin MY ten dollars. I would rather watch the original twenty times then watch the remake for free.
The kid is too damn young, I dont care WHO his father is!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Generally speaking, I'm totally against all of these remakes. 2004's Dawn of the Dead was one of the few recent remakes that I actually liked, but Hollywood really needs to go back to the drawing board and be a bit more original. If it's not broke, why fix it?

Anyway, I read somewhere that Hollywood has remakes of lots of other 80's movies (like Red Dawn, Weird Science, Top Gun, and the Last Starfighter) in the works. Boo!

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home