iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Gran Torino (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gran Torino
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eastwood's back this month. Must see for me......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9teLeXZ3XMU

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is a legend. 78 and he'd still kick your ***!!!
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool actor, I'll probably wait for the DVD, though its good to see him back infront of the camera.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh CRAP!!!! I'm am so there. I love Eastwood. Can't wait... Looks like limited release date of Dec 17th, Jan 9th for the rest of us shlubs...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

9 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will definitely go see this when it comes out.
| Site Updates: 9 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
I will definitely go see this when it comes out.

Like a bit of Clint don't you honey?? [Wink]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
Like a bit of Clint don't you honey?? [Wink]

Why yes I do, but, please don't call me honey! [Wink]

Oh, were you talking to EleanorJune? hehehe...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boys don't Cry starring Hilary Swank
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadn't seen this preview....looks good....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that it said it is only playing at select theaters...so that means not everyone will get it at theirs. I wanted to know why it was Rated R-it says for language and violence. I wondered how violent it could be...when I have seen The Dark Knight and there are other PG-13 movies-that should be Rated R over violence, and they aren't. So, I am never sure anymore on what makes them rate movies the way they do.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just one of the many mysteries of the world I guess. Sorta like if a tree falls in the forest and no ones around does it make a sound kinda thing........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
ISIS,

Playing in select theaters is for the early release. Then, it's sent to all theaters. They do this as a teaser to get a buzz going about a movie. It also lets them track what the audience thinks of the movie so they can change things around if they have to before it goes nationwide. I would assume the "R" rating is for strong language and some violence. He plays a racist bitter old war veteran who (probably uses a lot of racist profanity) changes his ways...

I think it's gonna be good! [Smile]

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
It's gonna be Dirty Harry in retirement..

Bring it on.. [Big Grin]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it comes out in all theaters on Friday.

My son said that he thinks Clint Eastwood is up for an award already for his performance in this movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am definitely gonna see this movie i love clint and this is suppose to be his last movie? he is retiring i heard? and it looks like he kicks butt again in this movie!! i believe he wrote and produced it also!!! clint rocks!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Coming out this Friday everywhere... I'm going Saturday morning for the early show... It's gonna be good. [Smile]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
I just saw it. It was really good. Very very funny as well. Clint Eastwood fans, you MUST see this movie! [Big Grin]
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks i am gonna see it soon myself!!! clint rocks!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my wife seen it on Friday...I really liked it.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a friend of mine saw it this passed weekend.. she said she liked it and it was funny, indeed..due to the racial comments (i heard some of them.. wow, clint! lol)

clint is the man. great actor, amazing director.. what talent!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I would love to go see it this weekend, so far it hasn't come to my local theater. [Frown]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
They still haven't got it at my movie theater yet, I talked to the guy who runs the projector and he said it's really in demand, and they are trying to get a print of it.

How bad is it? Is the violence and the language bad?

My son asked if he could see it, I never have taken him to a Rated R movie ...he's seen a few of them, but I have seen them first...I am scared of going to a movie that I haven't seen yet....but I would hate to pay twice for the same movie- if it isn't that bad- and if it really is good...then it would be cool to see on the big screen.

Can someone give me an HONEST answer as to the content?

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I talked to the guy who runs the projector and he said it's really in demand, and they are trying to get a print of it.

I have a print of it. PM me if you want me to send you a copy on dvd. I watched it two nights ago and it was pretty darn good in my opinion.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I really liked the movie and tried not to be critical...but the acting, from almost every person except Clint, was absolutely horrible...in my opinion.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh geez.....if you thought that...I am sure I will think that....uugh.....that's part of my problems I have with new movies, is everything seems so fake, and scripted, and like a movie-and not a real thing that could be happening.

I love movies that feel like your watching a real thing happening, someone's real life, and that it doesn't feel like every word out of their mouth is scripted.

Today's actors are too "aware" of being on camera, that they don't act natural, or they over act and it just comes across so phoney.

[Frown] [Frown]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home