iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Arcade Names

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arcade Names
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody. I would like to know the names of the arcades you went to. The ones I remember in my neck of the woods were Aladdins Castle, Space port and my favorite named arcade I frequented was called Wizards arcade. There were many others but I cannot remember the names.

Also, if you had an arcade what would you have name it.

Posts: 1527 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just remember The Pink Flamingo in downtown Columbus.
Posts: 126 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Pink Flamingo. Hmmm. Odd name for an arcade I must say. Was it run by the mob.
Posts: 1527 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had an Aladdin's Castle too. I can't remember the name of the other arcade at the other mall....

Boy, naming your arcade, that's tough.

Posts: 618 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

13 Updates!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gordongecko:
[QB] We had an Aladdin's Castle too.

Was it in independence Missouri at the independence center mall?

I like the name Quarters

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Legend
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time Out was the bigger arcade in our mall. The Sears store had a tiny arcade in the store. My friends and I would go to the Sears arcade, because very few people knew about it. But not in the summer, because for some reason, it wasn't air conditioned, and it would get swelteringly hot in there.
Posts: 1993 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

13 Updates!

That's funny. So they added The arcade but didn't want to put anymore money into it to make it comfortable.

Was watching Waynes world and there was an ad on the movie for Noahs Arcade

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gordongecko:
[QB] We had an Aladdin's Castle too.

Was it in independence Missouri at the independence center mall?

I like the name Quarters

No it was in WI. I assumed they were everywhere, but maybe not?
Posts: 618 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aladdin's Castle and a local, three chain place called Top Dog.
Posts: 96 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had an Aladdin's Castle in the Seaview Square Mall.

Also frequented Sandy's Arcade, Supercade, Wizard's World Arcade, Scottie's Arcade, and the Belmar Boardwalk Arcade. Nowadays there's Yestercades and the Silverball Museum on the Asbury Park boardwalk. Always a good time.

Posts: 673 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home