iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Happy Birthday, River Phoenix

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy Birthday, River Phoenix
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today would have been River's 45th birthday!

Happy birthday, River Jude Phoenix.

We all love and miss you.

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Chloe,

I watched a show recently- I can't remember exactly what it was called but it was something like Celebrity Autopsy and it gives you a good account of what happened in the time leading up to his death. It's worth watching.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He'll always be 'Wolfgang' to me... now Lori Swenson (Amanda Peterson) is also gone...
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had a name like Wolfgang I think I would kill myself [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
If I had a name like Wolfgang I think I would kill myself [Big Grin]

"Geek pastry?"
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Man, what the hell were they thinking with the second half of Explorers? Such a let down.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
You know the stories, right? Dante wanted to make something totally different to the script, so they didn't really have an ending; studio moved up the release date so he had to just 'end' the movie and work with what he had; studio released it the weekend of Live Aid and it tanked.

Personally, I think the whole comedy-alien concept was flawed from the start, and that more time might have made a better, tighter film, but it would always have a flawed third act. Knowing what he cut makes it even worse.

He sees it as a work print and not a finished film.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home