iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » That Metal Show VH1 Classic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That Metal Show VH1 Classic
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any fans out there?

It's really a good show if you are/were into hard rock or Metal in the 80s... They have lots of great guests. They are showing a bunch of reruns and the new season is starting soon...

http://www.vh1.com/shows/that_metal_show/series.jhtml

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey neighbor. I am not familiar with this show. Is it like Headbanger's Ball and is it 80's music or modern stuff? [Big Grin]
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi gotta go back,

No it's actually a show that's all about everything hard rock and metal from the 70s - 2012. They have lots of guests on from many popular bands like Judas Priest, Iron maiden, Metallica, Scorpions, Styx etc... They also have different segments like "Stump the Trunk" where the audience tries to stump the lead host (Eddie Trunk) with trivia questions. He's quite good. They also have a segment where they vote on top five lists of things like "best vocals", "best guitar riffs" etc.

You can watch all of the episodes online or, catch them in reruns (until the new episodes start) on the VH1 Classic channel. It's really a good show. It puts you right back in the 80s!

Check out the website:
http://www.vh1.com/shows/that_metal_show/series.jhtml

Here's a good link with the past 10 years guest list... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_Metal_Show

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!!. Its been running for 10 years? Must be pretty good. I would definitely be interested in seeing it. I will have to try online sometime since I do not have VH1 Classic. Thanks for the great info McFly, I love the Rewind
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time I watched it some guy stood up in the crowd and started playing some mad bass riffs. I realised half way through that it was Billy Sheehan.

I have not watched it much but it is a good show.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
It's a really good show like Bernie_Lomax said. Check out the link above. You can watch it online and get caught up... [Smile]
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

9 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great show. I'm waiting for Jimmy Page.
| Site Updates: 9 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waiting on KISS. Doubt it will happen, great show regardless
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home