iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Cyndi Lauper wants 80's news & views! 5/02/12

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cyndi Lauper wants 80's news & views! 5/02/12
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

If you haven't heard .. Cyndi Lauper will lead the Kentucky Derby Festival's annual Pegasus Parade down Broadway in Louisville, Ky on May 3rd.

Lauper will attend several Kentucky Derby events while she is in town.  She will also be filming for a reality show. She will perform a brief set before the start of the Pegasus Parade and will appear earlier that day at the Derby Festival's Celebrity Day at Churchill Downs. She will also attend the annual Barnstable Brown party on Derby eve. 

-

Which reminds me .. Diane Lane is brilliant in the movie based on one the greatest race horses of all time "Secretariat" who still holds the fastest time in Kentucky Derby history. Check it out on one of the movie channels if you get a chance.

Secretariat Rewind Thread 

Finally, how about a reunion pic..

-

Did anyone else watch "One Day At A Time" as a kid? 

I realize that it started in the 70's, but I only saw it in re-runs and it lasted until 1984.  Of course, someone will surely point out that the main reason I watched it was for Valerie Bertinelli, but despite that it was truly a great tv show that tackled tough issues.

The show is infamous because of Pat Harrington's character Schneider, but I remember it also because it was the first time I recall seeing Richard Masur (LicenseTo Drive) in anything.

-

If anyone watched "One Day At A Time" .. do you remember John Putch who played Bob for several episodes?  He looked a lot like Matt Modine and even had some of his awkward acting traits.  Anyway, Bob was a nice guy that was in love with Barbara (Valerie Bertinelli), but she unfortunately only saw him as a friend.  I totally remember rooting for Bob!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone catch Cyndi when she was on Celebrity Apprentice? It seems like a lot of 80s stars are popping up on all kinds of reality TV shows. Lou Ferrigno was most recently on Celebrity Apprentice. Also Steve Guttenberg and Ralph Macchio have been on Dancing with the Stars. I can't wait to see who shows up in the next two installments of this shows!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home