iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Best Nintendo (NES) games (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best Nintendo (NES) games
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Faith No Motley:
What was Contra's secret code? UUDDLRLRBA Select Start or something like that?

[IMG]

well, I don't remember the 'select' button having to be pressed...but yes, that was the ever popular 30 lives code..the game was virtually impossible to beat without it. [Cool]
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i totally agree i use to love to rent the ducktales game dr mario and marble madness [Wink]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love ducktales, and i still play it, that and the three stooges game
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still enjoy playing almost all the Disney NES games.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are not NES games but when it comes to Disney games
i´ve always loved Quackshot on Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.

-

Another great one is Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just fired up my arcade over the weekend after not using it for ages. Good work on revamping the thread.

I remember Castle of Illusion very well.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P a u l:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Nut, just tried it and it ain't lettin' me do it. Oh wells.

Bernie, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do this.

At the top of the page, click on My Profile, then on Edit Profile.

You should be able to update your Publicly Displayed Name. Bear in mind that if the name you want is already taken, you'll not be able to change it. However, 'Bernie Lomax' without the underscore should be no problem.

Hey Paul, I have only just seen your message:

I tried removing the underscore by doing what you said and I got this message afterwards:

The login or public display name that you are trying to use has been reserved by an existing member. Please select another.

The thought of a Bernie Lomax imposter running around on the boards is too much for me. I will keep the underscore for now I guess, as it seems to becoming a bit of a fad [Big Grin]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in the latest issue of game informer magazine they had a article about the upcoming legend of zelda game, and did a history of all the previous games, one of the guys wrote a story about trying to track down the first game in 1987, calling all the department stores and what not, it got me thinking about how things were back then before internet, how it was hard to figure out game secrets, having to rely on the nintendo power or calling the hotline, not to mention continously calling up the stores trying to track down a game. not to mention first playing the game. its crazy how you forget some of that stuff and then it comes right back
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what an awsome thread!!!! god so MANY! just reading through eveyones. got no favouritte really
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Got a few more to add to the list...

-
There were quite a few flaws in this game. It was very glitchy, the graphics were slow and pretty crude even for the NES...But, even so..it was still cool to play for some reason. And alot of the enemies and Bosses looked pretty cool.

-
This one came out toward the end of the NES Glory Days, right before SNES & Sega took over. But it was a good game. Funny, and pretty challenging in alot of parts.

-
OK..alot of people actually rank this as one of the WORST games on the NES. And that's very understandable considering the ridiculously difficult gameplay and terrible controls. But, if you spent countless hours mastering them like I did...then this game actually becamse pretty addicting.

-
Yeah!..this game blew "Skate or Die" clear out of the water! Awesome Game!

-
This was kind of a cheap "Contra" Knock-off...but still held some nice replay value.

-
Though this game was pretty boring up front and very repetitive, it was still a good game to play to take some pent up aggression out on.

-
A great game for any puzzle game enthusiest. But also quite enjoyable for those who just liked to go around smashing stuff with a hammer. An instant classic in my eyes.

[ 01. January 2012, 11:39: Message edited by: Pyro ]

thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favourites From The N.E.S. Era.

Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario Brothers 3
Ninja Gaiden
Rad Racer
Kung Fu
Maniac Mansion

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh how I was addicted to the original NES!

Mario 1,2 & 3
Rad Racer
T&C Surf Designs
Jaws
Milon's Secret Castle
Tetris
Kung Fu [Big Grin]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
contra, i love that game

super c is one beast of game though

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Super C is hard. But totally worth it.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
im going to have to bring out the game genie for that one
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People People People, has anyone mentioned the best sports game of all time????

Tecmo Super Bowl was a game changer and still one of the most enjoyable sports games out there. I could go on all day about this game and how great it is. This game has given me more "nintendo thmub" injuries than any other!!

-

-

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Ghosts N Goblins was so hard but awesome. Very disappointing though because once you beat the game(or so you think), you have to do it all over again making it nearly impossible. I think it was rated the hardest game to beat of all time.

Agree man, Ghosts and Goblins was very hard. I never finished it but had tons of fun trying. Never heard of alot of these but I think after ZELDA and Mario, METROID was pretty awesome. [Razz]
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Aside from all the other random NES games I would play. I also spent countless hours playing all the Megaman games. They still have to be among my all time favorites.

-

[ 30. March 2013, 16:48: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was anyone a fan of Marble Madness back in the day? I did always have a soft spot for that.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best NES game I have - Mario Golf! It was the first, and only, NES game that has a save feature. You can save your place in a game of golf, and it also saves your stats, and replays of your best shots.
If only other games in the range allowed that, especially something like TMNT which took hours upon hours to reach the end, by which time you were so frustrated you'd switch off in anger!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

Super C is hard. But totally worth it.

WE are DEVO

Super C has a special place in my NES nostalgic memory. It's the only game that frustrated me so bad that I pulled the game out, screamed at it..then proceeded to chop the cartridge up into little pieces with an axe I found in the garage. So yeah, to say this game is hard and frustrating as hell is putting it lightly.
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some favourites:

-

-

-

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always liked games by Konami. They looked more real than the cartoon Nintendo brand games. Some that come to mind are Rush n' Attack and Contra.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home