iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » M.U.S.C.L.E.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: M.U.S.C.L.E.
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M.U.S.C.L.E. (Millions of Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere!)

Very odd, but brilliant, toy. Based on the Japanese Kinkeshi and Kinnikuman animie. I would often get the regular pack and make up my own scenarios since I had no clue about their origins.

-

-

Everyone had their favourites and doubles were supposed to be traded (though rarely were). A cool toy, since no two were the same and the character designs went from sleek, to comedic, surreal/ scary and hilariously random.

[ 11. May 2011, 20:37: Message edited by: Kash ]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG!!!!!! Yes!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this Kash! WOW!!! I am female but I was obsessed with these for some reason as a child...we won't explore that but I think I had all of the ones in this picture!!!!! I used to play with them all the time & trade em with my friends at school!!

Hmmm, I wonder if I still have these packed away somewhere...they're probably hanging out with my California Raisins & Smurf figures.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never heard of these! Look cool though.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
these things were pretty cool. Yeah I had some of them as a kid. I was obsessed with getting my hands on all sorts of collectible toys as a youngin. So M.U.S.C.L.E. No acception.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love these!

i used to have the belt/ring. these and madballs

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
OMG!!!!!! Yes!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this Kash! WOW!!! I am female but I was obsessed with these for some reason as a child...we won't explore that but I think I had all of the ones in this picture!!!!! I used to play with them all the time & trade em with my friends at school!!

Hmmm, I wonder if I still have these packed away somewhere...they're probably hanging out with my California Raisins & Smurf figures.

[Smile] Kudos to you, Cindy. Loved the fact that they were so random thus you kinda had to use your imagination and make up some scenario for them.

I mean, this guy was sort of the leader...

-

But then you've got...

-

The man is a living cup of tea! I mean, really, where do you go from there? [Cool]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had some that were purple, blue and green too.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I collected these things up until 1990. That's when Matchbox came out with MONSTERS IN MY POCKET...

-

As one can plainly see, Monsters in my Pocket were very similar to M.U.S.C.L.E in nature. But being that I was a big fan of iconic horror, sci-fi & mythilogical creatures and stories...these were way cooler and alot more fun to collect to me. And not only did these things come in an assortment of cool colors; but I remember for a time alot of them came with some cool trading cards that were also very fun to collect.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
hey, remember battle beasts?
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
there were also these small figurines that were punk like skater characters on wheels that I liked to collect around the same time as MIMP...but I can't remember what they were called...
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had some of these back in the day. There was also a large poster that displayed all of these M.U.S.C.L.E. figurines.

I wish I could track down all my old '80's toys...

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home