iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Random 80s picture thread (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Random 80s picture thread
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Alf was a terrible show but for some reason i found my self addicted to it - whats with that.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i honestly thought the grafix were a lot better than that on qbert. Atari maybe??

21 jump street, getting the box set next week. woo hoo.

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:  -
Which one is you?!!!

quote:
But some of you still owe us pics:

Logan5 - 4 posts with no pics
Helen_S - 3 posts with no pics
aTomiK - 1 post with no pic
80'sRocked - 1 post with no pic

Shame shame, I know your name! [Razz]

Woo-hoo! Brits are winning 7-2!!!

Go Bry-tane!
Go Bry-tane!

Toys and bikes:

I remember a kid bringing this into school - hard plastic you couldn't move, but it climbed! Loved it.

-

These bikes were going to be the future... but the future ended up being less RAD!

-

My first bike (Boxer):

-

Robot toys that transform?! Cool!

-

Always wanted one of these, in retrospect they suck (Grifter XL):

-

Hell yeah!

-

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grifters were the kings before the BMX came along:

-

BMX heaven:

-  -
 -  -

Flying bikes?! Yeah!

-

For the Uk'ers amongst us, remember this? My first bank account:

-

'Masters of the Universe'?! COUNT ME IN!

-

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, seens as I've been told off [Razz]

I still have mine in a cupboard, I don't think I could ever get rid [Razz] The hours of fun I had on this thing [Big Grin]

-

-

I still have my popple too. Not the same as this one and mines a lot more raggedy hehe

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For the Uk'ers amongst us, remember this? My first bank account:

- [/QB]

Omg, yes lol [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Whatever happened to Midland 'the listening bank'?

quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Ok, seens as I've been told off [Razz]

I still have mine in a cupboard, I don't think I could ever get rid [Razz] The hours of fun I had on this thing [Big Grin]

-

Ah... you had the one with the tape deck! I'm jealous. My big choice one Christmas was the Spectrum 128 with the tape deck, or the Commodore 64. I went with the Commodore, but inside I still feel like a Spectrum person!
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Logan . . . That boxer biker...i had one the same colour, it was my first as well. The best bike i ever had, it was so light and so easy to do wheelies on.

Helen . . .battle cat! loved the opening theme tune to that show dededededede dadadada dededed dadada or was it dadadadadadaad..dedededeedede.ddadad hmmm cant remember.

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

What did this do? and i've never heard of it....looks badass!

Helen I had a Popple! Also had this....

-

She-RA!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When cereal was the best:

-

-

-

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Battle cat was cool but, and I say this as a straight man; nothing beats the luxurious, crushed purple velvet of the mysterious Panthor...

-

Panthers were popular back then, this poster...

-
could always be found here...

-

The Black Panther Marvel Comics Limited Series (1988)

-

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
 -

What did this do? and i've never heard of it....looks badass!

What does it do? what does it do??? [Eek!] [Razz] Its only the most stunning personal computer ever made this side of an Amiga 500, my friend [Smile]

I too had, (have damnit!) a Sinclair ZX Spectrum + 2: NO to you Commodore 64 with your detachable tape deck, NO to you Atari 2600 with your somewhat decent graphics, NO to you Amstrad CPC with your Alan Sugar affiliations, NO to you BBC Computers (this isn't school!) and NO to you Amiga500 you scintillating synthetic siren with your Aracde quality graphics and a somewhat pricey price tag for Thatcher's England.

NO to you all, YES to Specturm, yes to waiting 20 minutes to play a game, YES to Crash magazine with free Speccy game taped to the cover, YES to the epic 35 minute load time to play this...

-

And after awhile it just shut down to the load screen, as if to say: 'Right, that's it no more for today'. And this is what you had to put up with if you wanted to play a game...

Specturm + 2 Load Screen

Spectrum + 2...what a legend, what a computer [Cool]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -  -

You can't part with yours either eh  -

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Battle cat was cool but, and I say this as a straight man; nothing beats the luxurious, crushed purple velvet of the mysterious Panthor...
Seconded!

quote:
I question your year-accuracy.

The Spectrum game it took me literally years to find the name of:

-

But the greatest multi-player Spectrum game was...

-

Kash
Member # 297

Member Rated:
Originally posted by logan5:
quote:
I question your year-accuracy.
Duly noted and changed...

-

-
 -
 -

Gauntlet was a great game, but it just wasn't the same at home, the Arcade used to speak! 'SAVE KEYS TO OPEN DOORS'

[ 29. September 2010, 06:13: Message edited by: Kash ]

Kash
Member # 297

Member Rated:
quote:
 -  -

[Smile] No, my Spectrum has hobbies; its a dust collector. May hook it up one day, even though you can play all the games online now.

ZX Spectrum Games

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -  -

You can add me to the growing list of Speccy owners. In my case, I use it as a Doorstop. [Razz]

I have even fonder memories of my Amiga 500 though. We received it sometime in 1987, primarily for Educational reasons [Wink]

I remember being given a choice of an A500, or, an Acorn Archimedes. I told my Dad that the A500 would be better for School work. [Big Grin]

This was before any of the packs(Batman, etc) came out, so I had to choose a couple of random games out of a plain brown box.

I chose:

-

-- It was an adventure in itself answering those questions.

-

I still have both machines, but nowadays it's a lot quicker/easier just to load up an Emulator.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sierra adventure games were the best!!! I recently played them all again.... Space Quest, King's Quest, Police Quest, and Leisure Suit Larry.....
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wasn't 'Leisure Suit Larry' rude? I vaguely remember some kind of controversy surrounding it.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Kash:
No, my Spectrum has hobbies; its a dust collector. May hook it up one day, even though you can play all the games online now.

ZX Spectrum Games

Street Hassle was my very first game [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
You can add me to the growing list of Speccy owners. In my case, I use it as a Doorstop. [Razz]

Hehe [Big Grin]
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

-

-

-

-

-

[ 30. September 2010, 12:27: Message edited by: Muffy Tepperman ]

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
Wasn't 'Leisure Suit Larry' rude? I vaguely remember some kind of controversy surrounding it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "Leisure Suit Larry" game was made and/or distributed by the same folks who also had a very controversial video game in 1983 called "Custer's Revenge", which was for adults only.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home