iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » "Valley Girl" Contest circa 1982!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Valley Girl" Contest circa 1982!
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone has to watch this! This is footage of some contest a TV show called "Real People" did for the ultimate "Valley Girl" that took place at the Galleria Mall in 1982.
"Being a Valley Girl is just a fun way to be, you know, hanging out at the beach, you know and just fun, you know?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHf089jl9H4

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veronica.. Tripendicular find and beyond hilarious!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was great, Veronica!
Even the little girls already had the right attitude [Smile]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't agree more.

As fascinating as it was witty.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember watching Real People all the time.

This clip is great.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veronica what an awesome find!!!!

YouTube is so cool for stuff like that.....I can look up songs i've known my whole life and watch the video for them that i've never seen.....which I just did today.....'Turn to You' the Go Go's I love YouTube!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I ever have a daughter I'm totally buying her that onesie that says "Valley Girl In Training" like the baby in that video is wearing! Too funny. Gotta love Moon Unit Zappa's fem-mullet too!
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I saw Ronnie panning in the Youtube river. She found gold!

quote:
Gotta love Moon Unit Zappa's fem-mullet too!
Never heard that term before. I'm gonna use it!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and it's pronounced (fem)(moo)(le') haha

heard of a Skull-it?.........bald up top long in the back? google it....

MoonUnit kind of bugged me........she always came off as a famous persons kid....spoiled haha......her brothers were always weird like their dad.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
and didn't Moon Unit and Frank try to sue the writers/producers of the movie "Valley Girl" because of their song? Lame!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
and it's pronounced (fem)(moo)(le') haha
Ah... la Mullet c'est frunch!

quote:
heard of a Skull-it?.........bald up top long in the back? google it....
I feel queasy.

quote:
MoonUnit kind of bugged me........she always came off as a famous persons kid....spoiled haha......her brothers were always weird like their dad.
Same here. Slightly grating.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home