iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » What 80's fashions are you eager to see again & which do you wish would never return? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What 80's fashions are you eager to see again & which do you wish would never return?
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bamersey you look way cute above!! [Smile]

I thought of this topic a minute ago because I like watching The Police Woman of Broward County on TLC and this one cop puts me in a trance every time with her 80's do...haha

-

And do not forget MEN IN HALF SHIRTS! The first time I saw Sleepaway Camp and the hairy chested half shirts I had DREAMS about that for a week [Smile]

-

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, you're my new best friend [Smile]
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bamersy (got it right now)! And what about me? I also complemented you. [Big Grin]

Muffy, were these good or bad dreams? I wouldn't wanna wear those in a million years.
But then I'm probably not build for it either. [Frown]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've both boosted my 80's ego-but women tend to find fault with each other-it's in our nature! The older I get, the better I was [Smile]
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Muffy, were these good or bad dreams? I wouldn't wanna wear those in a million years.
But then I'm probably not build for it either. [Frown]

Bad dreams TKO very bad dreams lol [Smile] scarier then the killing in the movie! haha
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bamersy:
Originally posted by logan5: It worked Bam-Bam! You've got the pics to prove it!

I do, I even wore a hat for cripe's sake!
 -

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT! Woo-hoo! Bam-Bam's bringin' the sexy!

quote:
No comment on the Gibson hat-actually it was more like a black suede cowgirl then a derby.
And my hair was way better that that mess you posted-as if! [Roll Eyes]

Sing it sister!

quote:
It just seems people had much more pride in their appearence in the 80s. We were such peac0cks back then. Leave the house looking like you might end up at a party cuz, Baby ,you just might!
There's always a party when you're around Mamamia!

Even the men were peacox in the 80's.

quote:
You've both boosted my 80's ego-but women tend to find fault with each other-it's in our nature! The older I get, the better I was [Smile]
Lies! Stop listening to yourself! You're better than you've ever been before! YOU KNOW IT!

quote:
Bad dreams TKO [Smile] very bad dreams lol scarier then the killing in the movie! haha
Damn... I guess I should stop wearing that stuff then. [Frown]
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look Bamersy.. if we weren't 80's legends in our own minds.. then what are all those incredible memories really for then?

I love the older version of me.. I just dance a little less in my boxers when other people are in the room now..

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive recently been reading a book about the early 80's new romantic style of fashions and music.Some of the pictures ive seen show people having a really good and ver stylish and individual time.And ive gotta say id quite like to get all dressed up in frills and make up and go out dancing....must be the inner Bowie in me
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
I collect jewelry, and have been sorting through over the last few weeks. I thought you guys would enjoy seeing these! They're like totally awesome!

-

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are totally awesome!! Love all the mixing of colors..
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks Val-I would never have worn them, though I did wear "doorknockers"-but only if they matched my outfit [Smile]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bamersy, I had a hat similar to yours- more so of a mafia "gangster" type of hat, and my best friend had one in blue with a black band. We wore them to parties. Mine got ruined when some jerk spilled beer on it.
I wouldn't mind somewhat big hair coming back, just not the completely teased and sprayed bangs. I have naturally curly/wavy hair and I straighten it sometimes but I also wear it wavy, especially when it's raining outside! I hate how these young girls have fried every inch of life out of their hair to straighten it! My friend's daughter has naturally curly hair, but she has killed it with the hair dryer and flat iron. It looks ridiculous- that flat hair hanging in her face!
I do not wanna see Jams or Ballhugger shorts to come back either! Yuck.
Legwarmers are okay if you don't weigh 400lbs. I still think they look cute with a long t-shirt or sweater or what have you.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooo, I forgot- I used to love big earrings, mostly metallics. Now that they're back in style, I have a few pairs and get compliments from the teenagers. Too bad I gave all of my old ones from the 80's and 90's to Goodwill.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
In the immortal words of Quinton from "Can't Buy Me Love" that your beer spilling jerk was probably related to:

"Just rub some salt on it Hun. It'll come out. Oh, oh. I mean, it's not like I ruined it."

Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
Pittsburghgirl-I had a few pairs of big earrings, but mostly liked the big plastic pins. I used to have a zebra head one, and a black lacquer panther with clear rhinestones-it fell and broke a long time ago but I found another one at a flea market last Feb [Smile]

I've got some cool "laser" earrings too, will post pics in the future.

Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
PS: My hair is naturally straight and thick but fine at the same time. It could easily take an hour or more to 80's style it.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I collect jewelry, and have been sorting through over the last few weeks. I thought you guys would enjoy seeing these! They're like totally awesome!

-

MY EYES!!!

I feel like I've snorted a rainbow!
quote:
PS: My hair is naturally straight and thick but fine at the same time.
 -
quote:
It could easily take an hour or more to 80's style it.
DO IT!
quote:
i've got some cool "laser" earrings too, will post pics in the future.
"Laser earrings"? Surely you mean you'll post pics *of* the future?!!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brown-eyed girl
Rewind Curious
Member # 8964

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for brown-eyed girl   Author's Homepage   Email brown-eyed girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't mind seeing jellies come back, the new ones always have some huge ugly flower on them. Butterfly shirts were cool. Shouldn't come back - those parachute pants...
Posts: 8 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
I had root beer mary jane jellies, they were great!
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are way cool earrings Bamersy. I love that typical 80's design and use of colors.

I think Nagel would've love them also.. [Smile]

-

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
Awesome pic TKO! I have a book of Nagels' art-one of my favorite artists is Olivia De Berardinis-some of her art was inspired by him. I missed a chance to meet her at an art gallery-but the manager had me leave the card I brought and she signed it for me [Smile]

-

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
one of my favorite artists is Olivia De Berardinis
Is that her in the pic?!

"To Belinda..."

Bam-Bam! Your name is Belinda! Your not-so-secret-secret is safe on this thread!

You'll always be 'Bam-Bam' to me:

-

Ok, I know Bam-Bam was the boy and this is a picture of Pebbles, but you know you were a tomboy, and Bam-Bam fits you much better than 'Pebbles'. Amirite?

Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thought about cropping it out-but oh well. Have to burst the bubble on tomboy though-could never climb a tree, or a fence for that matter [Smile]

The art is by Olivia, have collected her images since the 80's. Put some cool collages together, but too risque to post here.

TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
I have a book of Nagels' art-one of my favorite artists is Olivia De Berardinis

I have this one:
 -
It's probably the same as yours, as I don't know of any other books of Nagel's art. I never heard of Olivia De Berardinis before and looked up her work. I like it very much.

So cool that you got that autograph. [Smile]

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Great story Bammersy! I love Nagel and I might need to check out this woman's art. My mom had these I called them (80's ladies) prints hanging up my whole childhood and when she had more money she had them matted and framed. I've looked up the artist before and the prints are super hard to find but I love them....I may have to find out the artists name from my mom again cause my mind is blank? [Smile] I'll get back to you guys.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home