iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Molly Ringwald's book now in stores

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Molly Ringwald's book now in stores
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Getting the Pretty Back: Friendship, Family, and Finding the Perfect Lipstick" hit shelves on Tuesday. Aimed at helping people cope with turning 40, it's said to contain personal anecdotes and tips on relationships, with illustrations. Consider picking it up if you have the opportunity.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Molly on the Today show the other morning before work. I love her don't get me wrong but she's always so bland and she looks at the camera with almost her eyes wide open which I never notice when she acts....am I the only one? haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ2NJ6YNDto]

I'd probaly buy the book and check it out if it was a good price [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not the only one. While I like Molly, I think it would be fair to say that John Hughes got the best out of her... limited range?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did she do anything after 1986?
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Admirer:
Did she do anything after 1986?

haha sarcasm? For Keeps......Fresh Horses, Betsy's Wedding made it somewhat big. Didn't she do some notable stage work too? she has kept busy from what the interview said?
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right, Muffy. I meant to ask, did she do anything good after 1986? [Razz]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have noticed that about her eyes...did she have some work done or what?!?! Don't get me wrong, I love Molly!! I saw her on Broadway in Cabaret a few years back and she was great! Sang and danced her heart out!!

As for her work after '86? Now don't be hatin', lol!! I thought Fresh Horses was great!! I own the DVD and always watch it when it starts turning to fall. Wasn't she in another movie called Malicious? I think there was a good deal of nudity in this, which was shocking to me...wasn't prepared for nude Samantha Baker...

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
I have noticed that about her eyes...did she have some work done or what?!?! Don't get me wrong, I love Molly!! I saw her on Broadway in Cabaret a few years back and she was great! Sang and danced her heart out!!

As for her work after '86? Now don't be hatin', lol!! I thought Fresh Horses was great!! I own the DVD and always watch it when it starts turning to fall. Wasn't she in another movie called Malicious? I think there was a good deal of nudity in this, which was shocking to me...wasn't prepared for nude Samantha Baker...

Yes, Cindymancini, she was in "Malicious."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113748/

I mentioned this film in another thread.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
I watched Molly on the Today show the other morning before work. I love her don't get me wrong but she's always so bland and she looks at the camera with almost her eyes wide open which I never notice when she acts....am I the only one? haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ2NJ6YNDto]

I'd probaly buy the book and check it out if it was a good price [Smile]

[Smile] Blands a good word, Molly had a good couple of years, not doing Some Kind Of Wonderful was an error in hindsight...she was in The Stand though, which was quite good.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She also turned down the lead in Pretty Woman; who knows where that may have led...
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may have spared us Julia Roberts!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home