iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Which 80's TV shows do you own on DVD? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Which 80's TV shows do you own on DVD?
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great choice Atomik. This was a very good show IMO.

I have the first two seasons and will be getting the third soon.
I really liked the episodes 'Shatterday'(my first introduction to Bruce Willis) and 'The Shadow Man' from season 1.

Also, look out for 'Button, Button' on which the 2009 movie The Box is based.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i´m really looking forward to seeing this.
Last time i saw these episodes was in the 80s when the finnish tv aired them.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Shadow Man' is a stone-cold classic. Every kid should watch it.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
probably going to get hold of

return of the saint
The proffessionals
hammer house of horror
21 jump street
werewolf
family ties
perfect strangers

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoops, i just realised i put this on the wrong thread.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ulysses 31.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Golden Girls
Soap
Tales From the Crypt
Amazing Stories

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn lets see.

T.J. Hooker
CHiPs
StreetHawk
Airwolf
Tour of Duty
Blackadder
Dukes of Hazzard
Maid Marion and her merry men
Hamish Macbeth
Red Dwarf

Quite a few English and USA ones there. Just wish they would bring out the rest of CHiPs, bloody cruel giving us 2 seasons then pulling the cord.

Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have at least one season of the following:

Different Strokes, MASH, CHEERS, Greatest American Hero, Three's Company, Who's The Boss, V (complete series), Silver Spoons, FAME, Hill Street Blues, Barney Miller, Wonder Woman, All In The Family, Buck Rogers (complete series), Moonlighting, Miami Vice, Charlie's Angels...I know a few of these are 70's...but feel 80's for me, in that they were a big part of my childhood. I don't watch a lot of current TV, so I love to throw in some of my old favs once in a while...

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vinyl Groover
Rewind Curious
Member # 9360

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vinyl Groover   Email Vinyl Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Capital City (just scrapes in at 1989), Grange Hill, would like to get 'Highway To Heaven' too...
Posts: 5 | From: East Anglia, UK | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching Cheers right now on DVD and twice i've about cried.......haha cried because I want to be transported back to the 80's!!

I saw one of Shelley Long's plaid dress getups and it reminded me I used to have one just like it and I so badly was like man....if I could only be a kid again in the 80's with awesome 80's clothes.........then later Norm and Sam are talking about going fishing and how they are bringing their portable VCR with them...Norm: "and I rented Porky's 2 and Splash"

What would I do without 80s tv on DVD.........really is cool putting my self back there for a minute [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What would I do without 80s tv on DVD.........really is cool putting my self back there for a minute [Big Grin]
Like a time-machine!

If I had piles of cash I'd buy shedloads of old US TV shows.

Until then, I'll just have to keep watching lots of old Grange Hill on Youtube.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it really is Logan!

it mostly might be because the tv shows are more new to me.....because it's been so long since i've seen them originally........you know? and you can watch 20 episodes.......it's time warping not just movie length. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
It's true... TV can be even more immersive than a movie. If you haven't seen something for years and years it can take you right back.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Young Ones - Full series

21 Jump Street - Season 2

Uncle Buck the series - Just kidding.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Christmas I got season one of Perfect Strangers and Alf. I loved Perfect Strangers as a kid, but somehow, didn't hardly watch Alf at all....so Alf....very new to me...and I still like it.

* I agree with you Muffy and Logan....so many fond memories of gathering around the TV to see your old favs...a lot of time with the whole family...for me anyway. Though have found recently that 70's TV seems to play a very prominant role in my memory box, maybe just as much as 80's TV...though this doesn't seem to transfer to my movie watching experience, which, not that I think of it...might be because there wasn't even one movie in the 70's that wasn't "R" rated...not even one! (ha ha)

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just bought a couple that I haven't seen since they originally aired.

-  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All seasons up through Season 4. Just not the same without Schneider and Wopat. Talk about messing with a 7 year old kid's brain. To replace Bo and Luke with 2 new actors after 3 years NOT happening. And man oh man Daisy Duke. And of course the theme song by country music god Waylon Jennings.

-

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Married with Children

Masters of the Universe

Thundercats

when cartoons were cartoons...baby!

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Henderson Kids.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? I used to love The Henderson Kids. Is that on DVD or VHS?
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Really? I used to love The Henderson Kids. Is that on DVD or VHS?

Bernie, it is on DVD, as is the sequel, The Henderson Kids 2.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
That's awesome. I haven't seen that show since I was like 7. If I remember correctly Alex Papps from Home and Away played the cool guy, I think.

That's one show I would never have thought would have come out on DVD. I will check this one out for sure. Thanks heaps.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home