iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Chocky tv series.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chocky tv series.
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else remember a kids tv show from the 80's called Chocky?
It was based around a young boy who gets visited by an alien which appears only as a sort of green entity with a female voice.
This series then went on to have a good second series called Chocky's Children and a very poor 3rd called Chocky's challenge.
I remember as kids i used to be in a drama class at my school when i was about 9 or 10 years old and one of my mates at the time got chosen to be in one of the second series episodes,everybody was pleased for him but also well gutted because we all wanted the part.
Anyway have just seen that the whole 3 series are now out as a box set and wondered if anyone had seen it.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike.:
Does anyone else remember a kids tv show from the 80's called Chocky?
It was based around a young boy who gets visited by an alien which appears only as a sort of green entity with a female voice.
This series then went on to have a good second series called Chocky's Children and a very poor 3rd called Chocky's challenge.
I remember as kids i used to be in a drama class at my school when i was about 9 or 10 years old and one of my mates at the time got chosen to be in one of the second series episodes,everybody was pleased for him but also well gutted because we all wanted the part.
Anyway have just seen that the whole 3 series are now out as a box set and wondered if anyone had seen it.

Yes, Mike, I do remember "Chocky." It screened on the ABC here in Australia during the 80s and I watched it. I didn't find out until later that it was based on a novel written by John Wyndham.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dated now, and slightly 'tacky' feeling. At the time it was great kids TV. Everyone used to think it was really creepy.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anybody should like to view "Chocky" again, then you can do so on YouTube.

"Chocky" has been put up by havesomespecks.

And the sequel, "Chocky's Children," has been posted by backpackcamera.

Enjoy.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home