iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Action Park

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Action Park
MelonFarmer
Rewind Curious
Member # 8172

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MelonFarmer   Author's Homepage   Email MelonFarmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just have a read of this. I well wanna go on the water slide with a loop the loop. the place sounds like a death trap on every level but fun at the same time. [Eek!]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park

Posts: 9 | From: The Toon | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Throughout the 80s, many stations on our dial from the New York area ran catchy ads ("The action never stops at Action Park!") that made me want to go there as a child. Knowing now that I could well have been coming back armless or the like tempers that a little bit; still, in today's overly politically corrected society, it stands as a nice throwback to less constrictive times when I read about it.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Oh Vernon Valley... My friends used to call it "Traction Park" Probably because someone always came back hurt. I've seen a lot of skin lost to burns and falls.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive heard stories about this park growin up in Pa. I would have liked to have gone just to say I was there. That story above could be made into a decent horror flik ! I could just see the drunken park attendants riggin the rides for maximum speed, booze and rigged rides, not a place to take your kids !
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelonFarmer
Rewind Curious
Member # 8172

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MelonFarmer   Author's Homepage   Email MelonFarmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea, swamps with a large snake infestation with power boats. lol. apparently there is like a documentary about action park but i havent found in yet.
Posts: 9 | From: The Toon | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the local New York radio and TV ads used to shout..."action...action...ACTION PARK!!!!" I remember the TV spot that showed teens flying off rocky cliffs, driving race cars, and dangling by ropes over bodies of water. I wanted to visit the place so badly, but always settled for Six Flags Great Adventure (which also managed to have it share of tragedies in the late 80s). My older brother did visit ACTION PARK!!! and returned unscathed, but one of his friends got banged up.
Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home