iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Your 80s Movie Sidekick (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your 80s Movie Sidekick
esmagnus
Master Rewinder
Member # 8099

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for esmagnus   Author's Homepage   Email esmagnus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top 5 80s Movie Sidekicks

I'd definitely pick Stiles. Although there's a lot missing from this list, but it's a good place to start.

Posts: 171 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wheres Ducky????
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gedde Watanabe is great!
Just saw him in Volunteers.

And you gotta love Curtis Armstrong.
Great role also in Better Off Dead.

But i have to choose Alan "Cameron" Ruck.
I love everybody and everything in Ferris Bueller´s Day Off.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esmagnus
Master Rewinder
Member # 8099

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for esmagnus   Author's Homepage   Email esmagnus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would Mr. Miagi count as a sidekick?
Posts: 171 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr Emmett Brown in Back to the Future.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by esmagnus:
Would Mr. Miagi count as a sidekick?

I'd have to say no, more a sensi than a sidekick.

I'd ask the same question about my choice: does Master Yoda count as a sidekick? If so, then choose Yoda, I will.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shandra (Quin Kessler) who is the captain of She's (Sandahl Bergman) guards in She.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of those given in the list, Cameron gets my first choice. If we were to expand it to the whole decade, it would for me be a tie between Elwood and Barf.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of the choices given..I'm gonna have to go with Stiles. He seems the coolest of the bunch.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Marcus from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? Or Sloth from The Goonies? The Frog Brothers from Lost Boys? I always loved those characters. I also vote for Doc from Back to the Future!

[ 14. August 2009, 01:47: Message edited by: saturnchick ]

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None from that list....

Apollo Creed- Rocky 3-4...

Cpl. Curtis Jackson- American Ninja 1-3

Wang- Big Trouble In Little China (although the "real" sidekick is actually Jack Burton)

And many more....

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esmagnus
Master Rewinder
Member # 8099

Rate Member
How bout the ultimate wingman? Talk to me Goose!
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J.C. Hooper, Chris Romeo's mate from Night of the Creeps.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's Short Round from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x0x0ilymucho
Master Rewinder
Member # 6772

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for x0x0ilymucho   Author's Homepage   Email x0x0ilymucho       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm im caught between Doc Brown& Stiles....!
Posts: 102 | From: Hill Valley, 1985 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chimpanshane
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8248

19 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for chimpanshane   Email chimpanshane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dean of License to Drive
Posts: 11 | From: Philippines | Registered: Sep 2009 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- Doc Brown for all of the BTTF movies
- Goose from Top Gun
- Danny Glover from Lethal Weapon movies
- The cast of Ghostbusters...
- Harold Ramis Stripes

From Beverly Hills Cop movies
- Judge Reinhold
- John Ashton

From the 80s Star Wars movies:
- Han Solo
- R2-D2
- C-3PO

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Number 1 for me is Wade Garrett from Road House "He's still the Best"

Evil from Fright Night has to be the most Annoying sidekick.

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had my choices...some of my top picks would be:

-Apollonia from Purple Rain

-Egon Spengler from Ghostbusters

-Derek Smalls from This is Spinal Tap

-Short Round from Indiana Jones & The temple of Doom

-J.D. from Heathers

-Hollywood from Mannaquin

-Cameron Fry from Ferris Bueller's Day Off

-Ted "Theodore" Logan from Bill & Ted's
Excellent Adventure

-Dozer from Mask

-Dottie Henson from Pee Wee's Big Adventure

[ 25. April 2010, 19:02: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
after arguing with myself for an hour ive settled on someone completely different from everyone else
danny devito from jewel of the nile

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_YCa-g1te0

"... and if I gotta go... you gotta go!"

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_YCa-g1te0

"... and if I gotta go... you gotta go!"

thats just quality logan. it really is a movie most people ignore...i was only a kid when i saw this and still loved it.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll go with Rell the cyclops from Krull. He was the best! I always cry when he dies in the movie.

-

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Admirer:
I'll go with Rell the cyclops from Krull. He was the best! I always cry when he dies in the movie.

-

Secret Admirer, I have viewed "Krull."

I remember the scene where Rell the cyclops is killed very well.

Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Krull is one of my 'haven't seen' 80's movies-I recently bought it new on DVD for $3.99 at a local drugstore. Now I know this guy dies and it will be sad!
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home