iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Anyone else been watching GOLDEN GIRLS?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone else been watching GOLDEN GIRLS?
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are currently two stations playing this show fairly regularly. I have been hooked to the TV set! My husband has been making fun of me. He says its a show "for old people".

I just think its a very funny show. Well written. I laugh when I watch it, even episodes Ive seen a million times. (Sometimes they will run the same episodes within days of eachother and I will watch one I saw Monday AGAIN on Tuesday!)

Anyone else gonna admit they love this show (I finf this show is usually peoples "guilty pleasure" show they love but wont admit?

And who is your favorite one on the show? I love Bea.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Golden Girls. But I haven't been watching it lately because of it being on like 2 or 3 stations. It's a little too much for me. When I was younger and they started to show re-runs at like 7:00 p.m., the guys in the club I belonged to would all yell to the bartender "Put on the Golden Girls!". But it was probably their guilty pleasure; I'm sure they didn't tell their other buddies they watched G.G. My favorite characters were Dorothy and Rose. I just loved how mad Dorothy would get at her when she said something stupid, or something about St. Olaf!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched them more when they were only reruns on Lifetime. I'm waiting to see my favorite ep, the one where they win the lottery ticket and have to go to the homeless shelter b/c it was in a coat pocket Rose donated. Rose and Sophia were my favorites.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen this for ages i remember it was always well scripted and good for a harmless laugh.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Golden Girls??..LOL
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i use to watch it years ago never really cared for (maude) but i liked estelle getty and betty white once in a while i will flip it on and watch it but not much !
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only when I go to my grandmother's and she has the remote and then I usually creep into her liquor cabinet to ease the pain. They just never did it for me.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch that show when it was originally airing. My grandmother loved it and we would always watch it when I went over to her house for dinner. Even though I wasn't in the target senior citizen demographic, I still found it fairly enjoyable. I remember it was paired up with Empty Nest which wasn't too bad either.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little dry for my taste!

But I shouldn't throw stones.... they are showing MAJOR DAD at night on a local channel every night, right now! And while the show is SOOOOO LAAAAME, I can't stop watching! Seriously.... MAJOR DAD!!!!!

I guess it just reminds me of the late 80's- early 90's, which was the best time in my life!

here's the intro...

Major Dad

[ 29. July 2009, 05:11: Message edited by: JAY LEE ]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home