iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Do you guys miss high school? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you guys miss high school?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never miss actually going to school, infact I have had nightmares about being in school again.

But, I do miss alot of the people that I knew then.

If you could go back and do it all over again...would you?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
If you could go back and do it all over again...would you?

In a heartbeat.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't miss high school, even though i had a good time, as much as i miss just being 14-18 yrs old again.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd give it a go.....for one day only!!!!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not at all... all that sudden bursting into song, the very well hidden orchestra that followed us around, being forced to take part in, and be perfect in, crazy dance routines just cos someone on the basketball team wants to share his love with the world....

Terrible place.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss the 80s and being a teenager. Lots of fun. We do tend to forget the bad times though don't we.

Here's what I would do if knowing what I know now, I could go back and meet myself at say 14 years old.

Give myself some good advice about what to do, what not to do...

For example:

- Save every penny you can get your hands on and on March 14th 1986 when Microsoft has it's first IPO, buy as much stock as possible. It will run $25.50 per share...

Microsoft shares about 1000 of them and I'd be sooooo rich! [Smile]

- Learn the guitar (like I always wanted to)
- Sing with a couple of different bands instead of just one (they sucked).
- Never take up smoking, drinking too much, doughnuts, any fried or fatty foods... Oh hell, then might as well be dead anyway... [Smile]
- Go after that girl I let get away Dumb@ss!!!
- Don't goof off so much in school...

That's all I can think of now...

What about you guys??? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

9 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I really miss from high school is sports. I was always playing something. I actually do miss my 4:30am swim practices. Nothing wakes you up like 65 degree water in the middle of winter!

If I could go back and give myself some advice it would be:
-Keep your temper in check
-Tomorrow is another day
-Never trust anyone when they say "Just trust me"

| Site Updates: 9 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hated school.. Never go back..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe so many of you guys hated high school so much. I loved going....not so much for the classes, but the fun. They were some of the best years of my life. Probably because of the group I hung out with and how crazy we were. Sure I'd do alot of things different, but I would do it again.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite year was my junior year. I had a great boyfriend in high school, and his brother dated my cousin...so we went everywhere together that whole year. We all went to the Prom together. We went to the movies, to a Haunted House, rollerskating, dances, football games, out for pizza, to the malls, cruising town, watching videos at someone's house....I think about so many people around Christmas time, because of memories I have of different people at Christmas.

I love the parties we had at lunch in high school. We could take in food and we exchanged presents. You could buy your friends some cool stuff in the 80s for under $5.00. You could get them a couple 45 records and some cool earrings or some bangle bracelets, or even perfume, and all kinds of candy and gum. Or somekind of Garfield or Smurf or a card game.

We use to play UNO and the Mad Magazine Card game in the cafeteria at lunch.

Our school had a jukebox in the cafeteria.

I miss sports too. Tonight I came home from painting my friend's dining room for her ...she's having a party- and this was my Christmas present to her. On my way home, I passed all these young girls out running in the freezing cold and rain, and I remembered I did that in track and cross country and I ended up with meningitis in 10th grade because of that.
But, we had alot of fun.

I loved being in Art Club. I remember every year, my homeroom asked me to decorate our door for Christmas-for a contest, and the winner would get a pizza party- we always won. I was really popular because of that. Haha.

The thing I don't miss...is I had to walk to school every day...because I didn't live far enough away to ride the bus, but I lived pretty far that it was a good 20-30 minute walk. I hated walking in the rain. When I did get to be a junior...I had a guy who stalked me...so my one guy friend started giving me a ride every day...so I was glad I didn't have to walk after that.

I think I sugar coat alot of stuff about the past though too...I certainly did not have a totally perfect life...but I like to remember the good over the bad. I had alot of people do mean things to me in school too. My senior year, my cousin-who had also been my best friend, she totally turned on me...because her boyfriend liked me...which I had no control over...but she acted as if it was my fault, and she was horrible to me. She did something really horrible to me, to embarrass me in front of a group of my friends, I never saw my mom tear someone apart that bad ever, when that happened. So there's things I didn't like...but there was alot of stuff I loved.

I liked that you guys thought about what advice you'd give yourselves. My advice to myself would be.. to not be so naive about people.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's interesting how alot of people change when they graduate high school, go off to college, or choose to start work immediately. Most of the jocks I went to school with are now the nerds and the nerds are now the cool people with really good jobs. I had friends from both sides so it's nice to see it from both perspectives. Another funny thing too is the guy who was considered to be the "it" guy in my graduating class caught his wife cheating on him with one of the biggest ex-nerds from my graduating class a few months back. My advice I'd give myself would be to hit that damn lineman lower than he hit me in my career ending football injury........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
My favorite year was my junior year.

By far, that was my best year too. Probably because at that time....metal ruled the world and my crew ruled the school. [Big Grin]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No wonder I'm confused. You posted the same subject under different categories. I thought I was on the wrong page.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why yes, bean burritos are very tasty this time of the year.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Why yes, bean burritos are very tasty this time of the year.......

[Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would I go back? Nope. What advice would I give myself? He ain't worth it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
The only thing I really miss from high school is sports. I was always playing something. I actually do miss my 4:30am swim practices. Nothing wakes you up like 65 degree water in the middle of winter!

If I could go back and give myself some advice it would be:
-Tomorrow is another day

True, I hear rage works best when its
focused.

-Tomorrow is another day
And so is the day after that.

Besides Han or Indy

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Dangerously, you iceholes....:
Not at all... all that sudden bursting into song, the very well hidden orchestra that followed us around, being forced to take part in, and be perfect in, crazy dance routines just cos someone on the basketball team wants to share his love with the world....

Terrible place.

[Big Grin] At least you were in the city, dude: I moved to this one-horse town where they'd banned dancing, so I had to bust some crazy moves in a mill of all places, dated the preacher's daughter too. Gotta cut loose...
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time and place, Kash... time and place....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes forget ive even left lol.wud defo go back.

am convinced i see the world through a 14 year olds eyes.i realise 14 is quite specific and honestly cant understand it either hehe [Big Grin]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
At least you were in the city, dude: I moved to this one-horse town where they'd banned dancing, so I had to bust some crazy moves in a mill of all places, dated the preacher's daughter too. Gotta cut loose... [/QB][/QUOTE]

Kash that made me spew up tea with laughter... Danm you man!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hell no!
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely not I hated high school.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanner
Rewind Curious
Member # 7780

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tanner   Author's Homepage   Email Tanner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely I would go back given the opportunity. Anyone seen the Off Broadway production of The Awesome 80s Prom? I am thinking about taking my wife to this....
Posts: 9 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Dangerously, you iceholes....:

Terrible place.

ROFLMAO!!!
Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home