iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » What was your favorite 80s cologne/perfume? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What was your favorite 80s cologne/perfume?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was, and still is....Love's Rain Scent.

It was from the company that made Love's Baby Soft (which is my second favorite). I remember how popular it was when I was in junior high school.

It seems that people love to give and get perfumes and colognes for Christmas.

What is your least favorite.

I saw this one the other day in the drug store:

Jean Nate

I never liked that stuff...I couldn't believe they still made it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite was Polo and Brut, my least favorite was Old Spice.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Brut on guys.

The cologne I remember for men...was IRON cologne. The night I met my husband, he was in a truck with another guy (who I actually had a date with), and they were loaded down with IRON cologne...I had to sit in the middle between them, I thought I'd die. I could hard breathe.
I don't even know if they make it any more.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best friend used to use one - I THINK it was called NORELL? Whatever it was I started wearing it too. I know my Mom used to always buy me BLUE GRASS. I think it had a light scent, you know how Moms frown about 12 year old daughter smelling like a French whore.

The mens cologne I liked in the '80s is the one I STILL like - DRAKKAR. I buy it for me husband and he moans about it, but - really - that is the only 'smell' I like !

NOW I wear either CALVIN KLEIN'S ESCAPE, RED DOOR or GWEN STEFANI'S LAMB.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my current cologne is

Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None... cuz I was just a kid, and therefor allowed to be stinky [Big Grin]

My favourite now is D&G-By...

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had Brut and Old Spice... Yup, the chicks dig a guy who smells like Old Spice... hahaha... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Polo being popular in the 80's, but it was really all about Drakkar cologne. Forget Love Potion No. 9, it had nothing on Drakkar. The scent was so strong you could go out dancing all night and it still packed enough power for a 2am makeout session.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bornin1974
Rewind Curious
Member # 7597

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for bornin1974   Author's Homepage   Email bornin1974   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exclamation
or
Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson.

Both readily available at Woolworths. [Smile]

Posts: 8 | From: Cleveland | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorfan_008
Rewind Curious
Member # 7606

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for gatorfan_008   Email gatorfan_008   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Polo... Whew !!! I remember at least 9 of the 16 guys in my history class wearing it at the same time, the same day and all applied the same amount... I always thought Polo had a nice clean smell, as long as too much wasn't used... Anyone remember Royal Copenhagen...?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bornin1974:
Exclamation
or
Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson.

Both readily available at Woolworths. [Smile]

I had both of those! I remember Hero cologne for men. I always thought the guy in the commercial was so hot.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
exclamation, babe, and love's rain scent too
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow Exclamation is a blast from the past ...

I used to buy it in superdrug...

There was another one too but can't think of the name.

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The One....

The Only........

ARAMIS!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Used to wear POLO and Drakkar de toilet. Had gotten one of each way back in the late 80's and still had some left in those same bottles up until a couple years ago when I decided to put them on Ebay. I apparently liked the Polo better cause the Drakkar was 3/4 full and Polo only 1/4 full. Boy time really flies by.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used Love's Baby Soft, Babe and Windsong [Smile]
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't seem to forget you...your Windsong stays on my mind. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Windsong makes me gag. I gave a bottle of it to my senior citizen neighbor that I had found at my Mother-in-law's house, still unopened. She was ecstatic. Yeah, Crash, I started singing the song as soon as I saw it!
I like a musk spray.
I loved Polo in the 80's on guys, especially my boyfriend. But it was like pulling teeth to get him to wear it- he wasn't much of a cologne wearer. I knew a guy that wore Drakkar and wow he always smelled good.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say, most folks whom I know hate the smell of Windsong, but that commercial jingle, which ran throughout the 70s and 80s, is unforgettable. It may be the single best, most memorable commercial jingle ever. And they did it with many permutations over the various commercials--instrumental, slow, rock, etc. I remember reading a great article somewhere about how the ad agency that did the series first came up with the idea that "your perfume will be as unforgettable as you are." LOL

I used to wear Polo, but no Drakkar.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Brut.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an ad from 1973- I actually found it kinda creepy- who puts cologne on her toes?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F-dulMPmk

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

can you guys and gals remember this stuff - hai karate,my mother got me the same talc and aftershave as above as a stocking filler one christmas during the 80s.

my brother always laughs about it,was this stuff really that bad

-

http://youtu.be/FWn9EmbFTRo - 70s hai karate commercial in the tradition of a british "carry on" movie.

http://youtu.be/jtwh3nQP5Uo - another crazy hai karate advert.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just looked they still sell Electric Youth!! what?! I might look into it for nostalgia....

I love Shalimar...wasn't it mentioned in Working Girl and another movie? So I associate it with the 80s....my mom always wore it then [Smile]

I remember and can still smell Polo in my head...totally

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
skin bracer

you know its good if jack palance supports it

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Exclamation back in the day! I even loved the cool black and white bottle! It was affordable too.

Additionally, some of the Love's scents were good & I had Electric Youth, can't deny it. I can still remember the neon pink spring inside the bottle. HAHA!

Oh and Vanilla Fields. They all stunk so good!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home