iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » That's Incredible and Real People

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That's Incredible and Real People
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys remember these shows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFXtb9jBaBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzwfgjzGIqY

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tony78201
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7499

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tony78201   Email tony78201   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about "Those Amazing Animals"
Posts: 16 | From: San Antonio | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used to watch both shows with my parents. i can't tell you i remember much from them but i know i liked them both.

i remember cathy lee crosby was hot.

and i thought the blonde guy from real people was funny.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i loved that's incredible too me and my dad watched it all the time!! as my dad would say they don't make shows like that anymore!! dee [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My father sent a joke in to one of those shows (REAL PEOPLE ) and they either flubbed the joke or didnt mention his name? Well, they did SOMETHING to p!ss him off, cuz I remember him yelling at the TV set that night! Hahaha.

The thing I always remember about THAT'S INCREDIBLE was they had very tall guy - about 6 feet I guess- who squeezed himself into a small see-through box. It took him a long time to do it...but he did it! And yes, it was quite amazing!

I sometimes wonder if we had had cable options back then would we have still watched these shows? I think part of the reason I watched them was

A. my parents watched 'em and
B. there was nothing else on!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
My father sent a joke in to one of those shows (REAL PEOPLE ) and they either flubbed the joke or didnt mention his name? Well, they did SOMETHING to p!ss him off, cuz I remember him yelling at the TV set that night! Hahaha.

The thing I always remember about THAT'S INCREDIBLE was they had very tall guy - about 6 feet I guess- who squeezed himself into a small see-through box. It took him a long time to do it...but he did it! And yes, it was quite amazing!

I sometimes wonder if we had had cable options back then would we have still watched these shows? I think part of the reason I watched them was

A. my parents watched 'em and
B. there was nothing else on!

i absolutely remember the tall, i think indian looking guy, squeezing himself into the clear box. i think he did it over the length of the show. i still don't know how he did that.

i also remember they did this stunt where they shot a bullet and an arrow through like a 50lb bag of flour and the bullet couldn't penetrate the bag but the arrow did. i don't know what they were trying ot prove there.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was the guy!

Dont you wonder how he got back OUT of that box????

LOL!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
That was the guy!

Dont you wonder how he got back OUT of that box????

LOL!

i'm trying to remember this now, but i'm thinking he spent the first half of the show getting into the box then the last half getting out.

i can't believe someone else rememebrs this.

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't he light up a cigarette or something too when he got in the box? I might be thinking of another similar stunt I saw.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Wait a minute....(thinks hard)....I think you're right...They DID show him climb in and then back out! Because I remember him being all sweaty when he got out.

Now ISIS has to find the clip of him for us! hahaha

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Does anyone remember a show called PM MAGAZINE? Im pretty sure it was channel 5 and it came on after all the cartoons stopped...so I think it was 5 PM. It was like a current events type show. well, anyway, the thing my best friend and I best remember about it was they had a chef guy who hosted a segment of the show and his name was Chef Tell. Because his segment was a short one he had to sort of rush you through whatever he was cooking (unlike the Julia Childs and Rachel Rays who get a whole 30 or 60 minutes to show you how to make your peach cobbler!) Well, anyway, as he would work briskly to cook his food before the segment ended he would forever be saying "You see this?" Like "We are going to add the eggs to the flour...you see this?...and then we're gonna mix it with a whisk...you see this?...."
To THIS DAY whenever my friend cooks something for me he goes "You see this? You see this?" while he cooks.

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to love these shows! I had a crush on Cathy Lee Crosby. I remember I could never get past Fran Tarkenton's name "Fran". Why didn't he change his name??? I would have slapped both of my parents for that one... [Mad] [Big Grin] [Embarrassed] [Mad] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i too remember the tall guy getting into the little box that was very cool i still wonder how he did that? dee [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
...[snip]...and I thought the blonde guy from "Real People" was funny.

I think his last name was Stephenson?

I also liked "Real People" too, though.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home