iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » The Clothes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Clothes
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking at the clothes in Night of the Creeps, and then I watched "The Brotherhood of Justice" last night with my son. He said..he really liked Keanu Reeves clothes in the movie.

I loved Don Michael Paul's one outfit, he had brown pants on and a brown plaid matching shirt-he looked so nice.

I use to love those knitted black skirts, that everyone wore big sweaters with.

I had a very similiar sweater dress set ...like Cindy Mancini wore in Can't buy me Love.

I just can not understand how we went to having so much variety...to now everyone wears jeans and sneakers and t-shirts to weddings and funerals. I just don't understand how everyone got so lazy....because to dress nice in the 80's, that really did take some effort...but everyone looked so clean cut and now I go in stores, and people have on sweat pants, and ripped shirts with spaghetti sauce on them.

I miss the clothes...every day. Now I did see some cutier clothes in J.C.Penney's ...the last time I was in there...so maybe there is some hope...that some fashion is working it's way back.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tony78201
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7499

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tony78201   Email tony78201   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know how it was in other parts of the country, but here in texas the Corona beer t-shirts were so popular in the late 80's everyone I knew, along with myself had one.
Posts: 16 | From: San Antonio | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might be regional, I don't want to make any sterotypes but I would probably suggest that New York has more style going on than some places in the midwest. I really like to see 80's movies where there are clothing stores set in them, like the store Jenny Wright's character worked at in the Wild Life. Also when movies set in the fashion industry such as a film like Pretty Smart which I never hear anyone talk about.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not everyone likes to dress up. I feel jeans, sneakers, and t-shirts are far from being lazy. Lots of folks (myself included) feel more comfortable. That's being pretty judgmental and stereotypical. That could be all some people have to wear. There's plenty of millionaires walking around who dont like dressing up either. I know of one CEO and owner of a company I've played golf with before in particular who wears jeans and old sneakers to work everyday and hes worth millions and millions. To see him in public and to talk to him you'd think he was dirt poor. Just because someone dresses shabbily doesn't mean they're lazy....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home