iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » 80's icons matchups

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's icons matchups
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you get if you pit 2 similar stars against each other? Who would win out? And why?

For example - Madonna vs Cyndi Lauper

Madonna gets points for sticking around and becoming a legend, but Cyndi gets points for being more synonomous with the 80's and being more respected musically. If it were up to me, I'd give the battle to Madonna.

First battle - Corey Haim vs Corey Feldman

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corey Feldman--he's been more successful than Haim, and he hasn't become a complete trainwreck. Haim just needs someone to kick his azz and tell him to get over sh!t and get on with his friggin' life (I'm in a bad mood, can ya tell?). So my vote goes to Feldman.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corey Haim was cooler than Feldman, but its not really a fair contest as Haim has been more or less out of his mind on drugs for years, I hear he's making a recovery which is good news.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feldman's got to win this one. Sure they both had and have their problems, but at least Feldman is starting to grow up.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feldman is aging like fine wine, he looks really good for his age, whereas Haim looks like years of hard living has taken it's toll.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...since we saw them up close and personal. I can tell you definately that Corey Feldman is in fantastic shape...he's been a vegetarian for 20 years, hasn't smoked or drank, and he's in great physical shape.

Corey Haim...was a mess...he had no clue what was going on...Corey Haim has never been a big strong guy...he's always been a little guy-he was never muscular...even when he wasn't so wasted. Both of them are short.

They should be poster boys as to what the effects of drugs and alcohol will do to you physically. I never would believe that Corey Haim and Corey Feldman were the same age...when you look at them side by side.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a Feldman victory, just as I expected.

Heathliffe Huxtable (Cosby Show) vs Stephen Keating (Family Ties)

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Huxtable would win....that's kind of a funny match...neither one of those guys are very tough at all...I can't even picture either one of them hurting a fly...but I think Bill Cosby is a much bigger guy...and he could just sit on Stephen Keaton and crush him.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked both 80's dads. But I will have to give the edge to Mr. Huxtable. He was so funny and cool.
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home