iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Motto's and quotes from 80's movies you use in life (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Motto's and quotes from 80's movies you use in life
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hey we found a dead mouse in our beer eh. That means you owe us a free case."
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Look at you: member of the honor roll, assistant to the assistant manager of the movie theater. I'm tellin’ ya, Rat, if this girl can't smell your qualifications, then who needs her, right?"
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"If things didn't end badly they wouldn't end."
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues!"
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Welcome to the party pal!"
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Blaine? His name is Blaine? That's not a name, that's an appliance."

"I remain, the Duckman."

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"220, 221...whatever it takes"
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'll have the cleavage... uh, I mean, the salad!"
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ha...love the new name EJ! [Cool]
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lunch is for wimps.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmer Ted
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2663

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Farmer Ted   Email Farmer Ted   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 from Better Off Dead that I frequently say are "Two Dollars" as well as when there is snow on the ground " This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is? "
Posts: 59 | From: Southwest Missouri | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"220, 221...whatever it takes"
Devolution here,

That might be one of my top five movies ever.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Man, there are a lot to pick from.

What about....

"Put Edwina back in bowl"

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The more you drive, the less intelligent you are.
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever anyone EVER mentions the word Florida, I ALWAYS say, "There's alot of parking meters in Florida"....from Donnie Brasco.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Esrocknroll
Rewind Curious
Member # 7858

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Esrocknroll   Author's Homepage   Email Esrocknroll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't alive in the 80s, but when something weird happens I say "Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K"
from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Or I'll just randomly say "It's a most triumphant part of this complete breakfast!"
from the Bill and Ted's Excellent Cereal commercial.

or "Make like a tree, and Get out of here!" from Back to the Future

or "Iquiring minds want to know." from The Lost Boys

Hmm...what else?

"My little brother got his arm stuck in the microwave. So my mom had to take him to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she freaked out. She hijacked a busload of penguins. So it's sort of a family crisis. Bye!"
-Better Off Dead

"Gee, I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky"
-Better Off Dead

"-Don't worry. We'll get home. This has all just been a big mistake.
-What about Brenda?
-Brad: That was her parents' mistake."
Adventures in Babysitting

"-What if the house explodes?
-The house is not going to explode!
-You leave him here alone, and it will! "
-Adventures in Babysitting

just to name a few...hehehe

[ 28. March 2009, 10:10: Message edited by: Esrocknroll ]

Posts: 9 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Tastes like panther pi$$", from Stewardess School....whenever I drink something that is not quite up to par.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

Inquiring minds want to know might be from the lost boys... but it's actually from a commercial for the newspaper "The National Enquirer".

We are DEVO

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
"The only winning move is not to play".....from War Games

A motto I am going to start using more in life.

Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ESKIMO from Heathers
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Dangerously, you iceholes....:
Thread needs bumping, so anyway....

I had one of those 'sudden flashes of clarity' moments this morning, whlist talking to my kids. I realised that a phrease I use almost every day (in some variation) is lifted straight from Some Kind Of Wonderful. It's from where Watts is ragging on Keith (in the garage, I think) about Amanda, and she starts talking out loud to herself:

"How many times do I have to tell you that? I don't know - how many times...?"

And I do that all the time......

i use that quote too! i love watts's lines. [Smile]

i also like (from watts):

keith (to watts): "you can't judge a book by it's cover"
watts: "yeah, but you can tell how much it's gonna cost."

"oh...wanna start a book club with her?"

"ever seen a girl with a drumstick shoved up her nose?"

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"i say we blow the ****ers up" - booger

"the question isn't 'what are we going to do'.. the question is, 'what AREN'T we going to do." -ferris bueller

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Look, son. Life isn't a problem to be solved. It's a mystery to be lived. So live it!"
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home