iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Drive-in theaters (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Drive-in theaters
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sam 'The Made Man' Hain:
Originally posted by joker:
i always hated drive ins

nowhere to put your popcorn on your bicycle?

This guy had no problem. [Razz]

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heheee... me likey... ;D
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news regarding the 2 remaining driveins in the Kansas City Missouri area. The TWIN DriveIn is pictured in this link. Rumor was that it would go out of business but B&B Theatres bought it and installed digital projectors and did some cosmetic work and it is still alive. Same goes for the I-70 DriveIn. A tip of the cap to B&B.

http://photos.cinematreasures.org/production/photos/760/1306718175/large.JPG?1306718175

Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I-70 DriveIn KC Missouri. Pretty cool huh?

http://photos.cinematreasures.org/production/photos/11332/1310338060/large.JPG?1310338060

Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, it was weird reading this post and seeing what I wrote years and years ago...and thinking back to that time period in my life. We just passed the Drive-In yesterday- in the town I use to live in when we use to go to it every weekend...I had wanted to buy that Drive-In....I would have done themed nights and been open in October and played old horror movies every weekend.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa Lisa, this drive-in close to where I grew up has done retro horror festivals in the spring and fall for years now. The attendance every year gets bigger and bigger. (I saw Tom Savini one year standing in the snack bar waiting for someone to notice him. LOL) Look at what they have on tap for April! This may be their best year.

http://dvddrive-in.com/features/aprilghoulsmonster2015.jpg

[ 06. February 2015, 20:26: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is awesome. Next month I am going to Monster Mania to finally met Adrienne King in person....I have been talking to her in emails and on the phone for about 8 years . Tom Savini might be there this year too. Vandergrift, PA---that's about 2 1/2 hours from me- that would be so cool to go to....my hometown is Punxsutawney and my son goes to IUP- so we are in that area alot.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up in Northern Cambria, Cambria County, when it was previously known as Barnesboro, 30 miles from Punxsy. My family still lives about 25 miles from IUP. Small world!

It's a small drive-in, but it's very cool the way they run the show. Often the vintage snack bar ads, Three Stooges shorts, and trailers that they show all night between the films are even better than the films. The snack bar food is excellent, and the fantastic dealer Creepy Classics is there with an incredible selection of DVDs, T-shirts, books, and toys.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- [/QB][/QUOTE]
LisaLisa. Was this a pic u took or was it someone elses from photobucket.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Crash- I know I have talked to you on here- way back when I was here long ago. Yeah- my son is a junior at IUP, he loves it there...we are there every few months...next time we go, we are going to go to the Jimmy Stewart museum. This year at Halloween ...I watched the movie Bell, Book and Candle- for the first time....(he's in it), and I'd like to see "The Shop Around the Corner"...so it will be fun to check that place out.

That is the Drive-In picture I posted- I took it- I don't remember how to post pictures any more. [Frown] We only went to that Drive-In once.....but we use to go to another one every weekend.

I posted the link to the thing Crash posted about- on my Facebook page- because I have alot of friends who love those old horror movies too...I would love to do that- especially the camping out thing. I just watched The House by the Cemetery- maybe a year ago- it was pretty creepy.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I have to been to both the spring and fall monster-ama shows at the Riverside Drive-In or several years now, though my current job posting is going to make it tough for me to get back to the mainland for the April event. What has been especially cool to watch is how, over the years, the events keep getting better attended. While last spring's event was not so well attended (cold weather), the September one was huge. Although I've never done it, the camping out over the two nights looks like great fun--folks have fires burning and tents pitched. With your camping admission, they used to offer showers--a hose hanging over a rafter in the bathroom--but I didn't see that last year. The liability was probably too great. [Smile]

I highly recommend the dealer on site, from Ligonier, Pennsylvania. They have incredible stuff, boxes and boxes of DVDs--and they are really nice guys who love to talk about horror movies:

http://www.creepyclassics.com/

[ 10. February 2015, 14:08: Message edited by: Crash ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home