iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Trivia Question Game (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Trivia Question Game
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I was wanting to do some kind of new game since my word association and movie link games have soared way beyond my wildest dreams. What I would like to do is ask an obscure question from an 80s film and see who can get the correct answer. For example: What were the people from "Night of the Comet" turned into after they were exposed to the comet? Answer: Orange Calcium Dust; if they were just exposed slightly to it then they deteriorated much slower and were zombies! I will be watching this category closely to see how well it is received. If anyone has any questions please feel free to send me a PM.

Lets start off with:

In the movie "Fire with Fire" what was another popular movie song that was played during the dance scene and what was the song and what movie did it come from?

..................................................................................................

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that song...It's ...

If Anybody Had a Heart-John Waite, and it also was in the movie About Last Night, at the end credits.

I have that song on a 45 record in my jukebox.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an easy one (for Valley)...

What's the address of the party at Susie's house in Valley Girl??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
23727 Sierra Vista...it's a party and it's going to be amazing.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS you were right, but there was also the theme song from Fletch that was used in the dance.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie the Sunflower Goddess:
ISIS you were right, but there was also the theme song from Fletch that was used in the dance.

Bit By Bit
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm In It For Love" was also in the dance scene, but I don't think it was in another movie.

[ 25. July 2008, 17:31: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
You got it 80s rocked!!!!

Next question:

What was Darryl Hannah's occupation in "Roxanne"?

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, is this a trick question? Wasn't she a grad student studying astronomy because she mentioned something about naming a comet.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
You are close. Rick Rossovich's character says what she is and Steve Martin's confirms it. You are warm.
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I thought they were joking about her being a Rocket Scientist...but I'll go with that then.
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nope that is correct!

Next question:

What was the "defect" that Carolyn's little brother was afflicted with in Sixteen Candles?

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
He was deaf.

I'm glad Ali_with_an_i isn't here right now because she's a trivia master.

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Man, I had about 3 of these. I love dumb trivia. Which should be called trivia for people that like to watch the same movies over and over again.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
I agree Devo. This kind of Trivia can be so fun and is especially good for those of us who have watched something over and over again.

Next one:

Where was Regina and Samantha Belmont's father stationed at and what branch of government was he working for in "Night of the Comet"?

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok, I know you want other people to play, so I waited, but I just got give this a shot since I totally love "Night of the Comet".

Regina and Samantha Belmont's father was stationed in Honduras and was a Green Beret Special Forces....is that enough of an answer?

btw, I think Devo just called me dumb.

Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
That is a perfect answer Valley! Great Job! I think Devo meant it in a nice way! Right Dev.....

Okay, let's think of something good for the next question...

What was the name of the high school that Malaina, Pudge, Carson, and Louann attended in "Shag"?

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Sorry, someone else can take this one. I saw Shag once. It's all my guy quota will allow.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
No takers on this one???? It is an easy one.

Clue: They sang a song about it at the very end of the movie....

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Never saw Shag. Could look it up, but that would be cheating and no fun. [Big Grin]
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Isn't anyone going to bite on this one??
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I don't know it either...because I could never finish watching Shag. I didn't like it that much. I thought I really should too. I love Phoebe Cates, and I like the premise of the movie...but I never got in to the movie.
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh this is absolutely killing me because it is so easy!!! Is anyone a Shag fan? One more day then I have to give you the answer......
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Okay I cannot stand it any longer. I am going to give you the answer.

They were from Spartanburg, which meant they went to Spartanburg High. At the very end of the movie all four girls were standing on the porch of Louann's family home in Myrtle Beach and they sang their high school alma mater song: Hail Spartanburg High!

Okay, let's move on:

What famous Cheers character had a small part in "Fletch"?

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
That's right, I'm back....

That would be Norm played by George Wendt who was Fat Sam in "Fletch".

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home