iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » High school fashion?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: High school fashion?
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you went to high school in the 80s, what kind of style did you have...and if it is like any well known movie character?
I am only 21, but I was an 80s movie fanatic and I wore clothes resembling Andy from Pretty in Pink and Claire from TBC. I know, I wasn't popular because my pants didn't show my crack... [Wink]

Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing wrong with that Ash!!!

I had the typical style of the time. In middle school Puffy shirts were popular, oh and they were reversible puffy shirts. Also rolling your jeans up and wearing matching colored socks with your outfit. I also remember it being a big deal to have designer jeans like Z Cavaricci or Guess. Nowadays, kids like to wear what I call "comfy pants". Times have changed that is for sure.

I remember a post or a topic from quite sometime ago that talked about Molly Ringwald's style. I definitely think that what she wore in any of her movies would still stand the test of time today. I loved her boots in TBC, and look at the colors she wore, pink and brown, it is definitely back in today.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vesper
Rewind Curious
Member # 6267

- posted      Profile for Vesper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, I had to wear a uniform at School (in the UK). So if we tried to accessorise a tiny bit, we were sent home!!!!!!

Sorry but don't look back with fond memories of the fashions I used to wear in the 80s, (seeing old photos of myself eek - horrible.
:-)

Posts: 7 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
intothesea13
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6353

19 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for intothesea13   Author's Homepage   Email intothesea13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha, i was more like Allison from TBC, and I kind of still am.
Posts: 21 | From: Fascination Street | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dressed like most of the teens did... Jeans, t-shirts, denim jacket etc... I work Puma, Nike, Converse sneakers...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mc gyver hockey hair.pullovers(think thats the right name?)from Pocolini, Ball, Poco Loco, Bosselini or Bik Bok.Jeans,don`t remember any names there.And also i loved my leather mc bike jacket.
Sneakers,and in fact boots(cowboy style)for the mc jc.

The hardest thing to give up(good idea,new post!)was my hockey hair.I still miss it ;-)

cheers

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vesper
Rewind Curious
Member # 6267

- posted      Profile for Vesper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's a 'hockey hair' pullover?
Posts: 7 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking about pullovers..please note the space between hair and pullover with the mark(.)I really s..ed even in Norwegian.And got the worst grade possible at English;-)20 years ago...

So i hope you all will take it a bit easy on me.I really need that i think.I enjoy reading these 80`s websites.I know the language barrier is a pest.But i try the best i can.It`s ok for me to read English,but it`s much harder to write something useful back.

But anyway I think things would have been more out of control,if you only could express yourself in Norwegian Vesper;-)hiha..cheers and best regards!To you all.

Bandit

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bandit:
I was thinking about pullovers..please note the space between hair and pullover with the mark(.)I really s..ed even in Norwegian.And got the worst grade possible at English;-)20 years ago...

So i hope you all will take it a bit easy on me.I really need that i think.I enjoy reading these 80`s websites.I know the language barrier is a pest.But i try the best i can.It`s ok for me to read English,but it`s much harder to write something useful back.

But anyway I think things would have been more out of control,if you only could express yourself in Norwegian Vesper;-)hiha..cheers and best regards!To you all.

Bandit

Bandit,

Your English is a lot better than my Norwegian! [Razz]
I wish they made us learn different languages in the US.

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vesper
Rewind Curious
Member # 6267

Hei Bandit, hvordan går det med deg?

Du lukter som blomster og snop.

:-)

bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
How kind of you Vesper ;-)
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't go too overboard, especially since I went to school with some punkers, new wavers and metalheads. My hair was gelled into that fringe part that was prevalent at the time. Only later did I encroach on some sort of dreaded mullet. Some polo sweaters, some light colored parachute pants, deck shoes or high tops. Every now and then for band practice I would have the white dress shirt and skinny tie. Guys seemed to not take as many style chances as the girls. I remember this girl who so dressed like a hybrid of Madonna blonde ambition era, and the earlier breaker boy toy era with the rubber bracelets and all.

I think fashion took a back seat back then to other stuff like video games, baseball and hockey cards, movies and girls. Real good times though.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home