iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Police Squad!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Police Squad!
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just picked up the complete series DVD. The jokes still hold up great a quarter century later, particularly when they go into literal meanings (the actual "toe truck"), Ted the lab man's demented experiments, the memorable celebrity deaths at the beginning of each episode (somehow Lorne Greene being stabbed and thrown out of a moving car is the funniest), and the freeze frames at the end while something keeps moving. Too bad ABC couldn't keep up with it, but it least it gave us 3 great films.

Who else watched it either during its original run or in reruns?

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isnt my father poisoned in his death scene?
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
William Shatner is poisoned by his date at a fancy restaurant--after he avoids being shot and shoots the gunman dead--in the episode Revenge and Remorse (The Guilty Alibi).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
''Lovin' ya work papa'' [Big Grin]
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved that show to bad they don't make shows like that anymore.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talkin of Police....I recently bought the police academy 20th anniversary dvd....I have wathced the film...and all the extras....I love it!!!!

and Mahoney sure is a honey!!!

X

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was indeed a very funny, well written and brilliantly performed show. Original jokes and set pieces from this have been ripped off by countless other series and films.
I saw Leslie Nielson acting in a one man play about Clarence Darrow a few years ago. It was very long, serious affair and a great performance. But when Neilson came back out for the curtain call, he pretended to fall over then pulled a funny face and the audience exploded with applause. That's what we were all there to see! Sad for him I guess that he'll never be taken seriously as an actor again. But happy for us that he's provided so much fun and hilarity.

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home