iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » defunct 80s cereal you'd most want back

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: defunct 80s cereal you'd most want back
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which brand that's no longer out there would you like to get to eat again? My choice would be Circus Fun; they had good quality marshmallows, not to mention I enjoyed the box design. My second choice would be Ice Cream Cones. It was a nice attempt at brining ice cream to breakfast, and Ice Cream Jones was a pretty good pitch man for it, so to speak.

Your choices?

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smurfberries
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smurfberry crunch and Rocky Road. I remember C3PO's, but I can't remember what the cereal tasted like or what was in it.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
smurfberries,donky kong,donky kong jr.,pacman,icecream jones
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris, good call with Ice Cream Cones. That stuff was delicious.

Croonchy Stars was another good one that I miss. It featured Swedish Chef from the Muppets on the box and tv commercials. I think the cereal was cinnamon flavored stars.

Most of the other cereals I frequently ate in the 80s (not counting brands that are still around today) were the cartoon/movie cereals which, I think, were mostly just slight variations of pre-existing cereals with popular characters on the box...Gremlins and Mr. T tasted sorta like Cap'n Crunch if memory serves. C3PO's tasted like Alpha Bits...Pac-Man was like Kix with marshmallows, etc.

I also preferred Trix when the cereal pieces were round, as opposed to the fruit shapes they use today...

I'm still trying to figure out what happend to the other 2 chefs from the old Cinnamon Toast Crunch commercials. I'm thinking maybe Wendell might have had them snuffed out so he could hog all the cereal glory. [Razz]

But yeah...I'd like Ice Cream Cones and Croonchy Stars back. Rocky Road, too...

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend still can sing all the words from the jingle for CIRCUS FUN cereal.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While trying to look up the CIRCUS FUn jingle I found this:

http://www.inthe80s.com/cereal.shtml

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gimme some Apple Jacks, it's been years.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
They still make those! I used to eat them all the time when I was pregnant. Sometimes I can be totally repulsed by the thought of them and then other times I get a mad hankerin'! My daughter and her best friend love them so I always have some in the house.

Does anyone else have this thing where you CANT eat cereal you loved as a kid? I used to love CAP'N CRUNCH and now the thought of eating it makes me wanna throw up. Too damn sweet!
I also used to love LIFE cereal and I havent eaten that in a good 15 years!

pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to like Trix a lot. I bought a box not too long ago (if it screams when you open it you can win stuff), but I just couldn't bear to eat it. So I wound up using it at school for interventions with first grade. I figured they'd get more out of it than I would! I still love Lucky Charms and Cap'n Crunch Berries.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I had a boyfriend when I was a teen who was hooked on FRUITY PEBBLES cereal. He was at my house and he got an urge to eat it and we didnt have any so he dragged me to the market where he THEN bought a box for my house!
Because of him , I started eating it.
A few years ago I got nostalgic and bought a box of it.
And...YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It tastes so nasty to me now!

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing as I'm old enough now, I wouldn't mind tating some of that Count Chocula and Frankenberry which my mom always made me put back on the shelf when we got to the checkout.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ate Fruity Pebbles quite a bit as a kid...don't like it anymore, though. It's too sweet and it gets soggy in milk way too fast...

I still love Cap'n Crunch, Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, among others...

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Seeing as I'm old enough now, I wouldn't mind tating some of that Count Chocula and Frankenberry which my mom always made me put back on the shelf when we got to the checkout.

I was just thinking of buying a box of Frankenberry cereal! I bought Boo Berries back in the summer...they were yummy!!
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Pac Man cereal - I wouldn't mind having this again. I don't remember much about the taste, but did like the commercial [Wink]
Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember some of these cereals on this list, but man, I didn't realize they made a cereal for everything popular back then! Oh, those were the days! I think I liked the Smores cereal. But the ones I mainly ate are still around, Fruit Loops, Pops, Lucky Charms, and Golden Grams.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/25-cereals-from-the-80s-you-will-never-eat-again?utm_term=.jnQE5ELO5n#.ic5YlYJyl7

[ 17. November 2016, 07:54: Message edited by: gordongecko ]

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home