iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » The Facts of Life- Extras

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Facts of Life- Extras
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindymancini just gave me seasons 1 & 2 on DVD for my birthday, and I just watched the extras that they put on there. I loved it. All the girls talked about being on that show with great memories from it. I liked that they had "Cindy" and "Nancy" on it, it was neat to see them older, they both still looked really good. It was nice hearing them say nice things about each other, and to know that they all got along really well.

I thought it was cool to learn stuff like the fact that Tootie wore roller skates for the first season to make her look taller, because she was so much younger than the other girls, but they wanted her on the show so bad.

The first episode I just watched was about them doing a Harvest Fair, so that was very appropriate for the season...I liked those shows...how they always did have a message in them and dealt with real subjects that girls at that age were dealing with.

I love Blair Warner....I love her clothes, and she was really gorgeous. But, it was cool to find out that in real life- Lisa Whelchel wasn't anything like Blair, and she was really down to Earth and not snobby at all, and that was all an act.

I liked hearing what they have been up to since the Facts of Life. I think it is great when they do commentary like that when they release a series on DVD.

I can't wait to watch more episodes.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched 2 more episode tonight...and on the 3rd episode they were playing with an Ouija Board...how bizarre is that?? I wondered if anyone had told any of them how bad on their health it was? They were asking it how old Blair would be when she got married, and they were trying to contact Molly Ringwald's Hamster from the dead.

Talk about what comes around goes around.

I almost fell over when I saw the Ouija board being pulled out. [Eek!]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always had a crush on Tootie. So cute on many levels. I even had a cat named Tutti when I was younger but we had her before Facts of Life was even a show.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well then why don't you rename yourself again...I would go with...Tutti Frutti for a new one for you.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright a Little Richard song very nice choice.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a quick heads-up: Facts of Life: Season 3 is coming to DVD on October 24th.

I still need to pick up the Season 1/2 set...which I'll get after I finish watching my latest sets of Alf and Punky Brewster.

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What year was George Clooney on the show?
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home