iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » 80's shopping

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's shopping
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ordered myself 2 pair of Nike cortez style sneakers, they are the retro style from the 80's. I got an all white pair, and then I got a white pair with a light green swoosh on the side-they are cool looking. I was excited that I can still find them, that is the one thing the internet is cool for, because you can't find them in the stores.

I liked shopping in the malls in the 80's, cause you could find cool stuff, now you have to use the internet or forget it, but the shipping and handling is crazy, and you end up paying twice as much for something.

I ordered a new comforter today too, and a thing that bugs me is you get someone when you call an 800 number to place an order that wants to sell you 10 other things, and wants you to listen to all these specials they have going, and wants to give you some "promotional" "free" gift, and if your dumb enough to say ok, 2 months later you find out your credit card was billed an outrageouos amount of money for the "free" item.

I do miss shopping and getting out, I still can't believe they tore the Galleria Mall down. With all the movies that were filmed there, and it was like the coolest mall ever, why did they do that. Isn't it strange that all these small buisnesses back in the 80's were getting tore down to stick in malls, and now the malls are being tore down to stick in other stuff...like Lowe's, Target, Applebee's, Olive Gardens....that is what it seems like, that people mainly shop at big Name stores that are their own seperate place, and not in malls anymore.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are those the Nikes with the really round toe that cheerleaders of the 80's used to wear???? I can't believe you were able to find something from then.

I hate when you go to order something off the the TV and you only want one thing and they try to sell you a whole lot of other crap. I know that it is their job, but come one that is why no one can stand telemarketers because they are just too pushy!!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep that's them. They have them in all different colors, even pastel colors. I got them from:

www.finishline.com

Just do a search, and put in the word Cortez

That is the name of the style of shoes.

I love them.

They only cost from $27.00-$40.00 a pair.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And half the chains that populated the malls back in the day have either gone under or been bought out. Jamesway, Zayre's, Gee Bees, Hills, McCrory, Ames; I remember being in all of them at one point or another, and now they're all long gone.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Chris-I use to work at a Jamesway in high school.
I remember all those stores, and Murphy's was another one.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a mall here that we used to always frequent back in the 80s. The arcade in the mall shut down about 10 years ago. I can't begin to count the amount of quarters I chunked into Double Dragon back in the day. Now the mall is sorta run down with Belk, KMart, Cato's, Radio Shack, and a couple of mom and pop stores in it. No stores ever stay in the mall long because the arseholes charge such an ungodly amount for rent.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, do you have to order using your credit card, or can you pay with a check? That's my beef with online ordering; I won't use my credit card--I only order from websites that let you send in a check.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Alot of places allow you to pay by check over the phone...you can "check" on the "check" thing real easy. But, if it is a major company they usually do take a check, I never even think to do that any more...I use my debit card, which comes out of my checking account, which is basically the same thing as writing a check.
Every company has a mailing address, and they would let you order stuff through a regular order form, and send a check in.

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I ever buy are Nike Cortez's and Adidas Superstars(like Run DMC wore) those are my favorite shoes.

It's so cool to see how much of the 80s fashions are coming back including some of the hair styles too.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home