iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » The 20th anniversary of two great movies...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The 20th anniversary of two great movies...
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, guys? Guess what? It's the 20th anniversary of two of the greatest underappreciated 80's movies ever made...

...The Great Mouse Detective & Under The Cherry Moon! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also the 20th anniversary of (among others):

-"Aliens"
-"Highlander"
-"Little Shop Of Horrors"
-"Pretty In Pink"
-"Crocodile Dundee"
-"9 1/2 Weeks"
-"8 Million Ways To Die"
-"Back To School"
-"Platoon"
-"Top Gun"
-"Cobra"
-"The Color Of Money"
-"The Money Pit"
-"Children Of A Lesser God"
-"Ruthless People"
-"Down And Out In Beverly Hills"
-"The Delta Force"
-"She's Gotta Have It"
-"Blue Velvet"
-"Ferris Bueller's Day Off"
-"The Golden Child"
-"The Hitcher"
-"Howard The Duck"
-"Three Amigos!"
-"Short Circuit"
-"Jumpin' Jack Flash"
-"Labyrinth"
-"Manhunter"
-"Modern Girls"
-"One Crazy Summer"
-"Reform School Girls"
-"Running Scared"
-"Solarbabies"
-"Soul Man"
-"Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home"
-"Something Wild"

From class to crass...I could easily imagine somebody writing a fan-fiction with characters from all these movies.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is also my 20th class reunion this year!! [Eek!] [Confused] [Eek!]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another coincidence!
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow so hard to believe that all of these are 20 years old! Which means I turned 12 the year that they were released. I still cannot quite hear myself saying "I remember when 20 years ago............." Is that a sign of old age??????? I hope not...
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This year, is my 30th Anniversary Class Reunion.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karate Kid 2
Police Academy 3
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (even though it sucked)

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also the 20th for An American Tail as well.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
It's also the 20th for An American Tail as well.

OMG, I totally forgot that one! It is one of the greatest '86 classics besides GMD & UTCM! [Big Grin]
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reading all of these 20th anniversary movie titles is starting to make me feel reeeeallly old! Heh,heh. Oh well, you're only as old as you feel.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ed raynes
Rewind Curious
Member # 4682

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ed raynes   Email ed raynes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1986 was one of the best summers for outstanding movies. I remember getting advance tickets to Aliens at a 70mm screen in D.C. I know I'm crazy, but I caught Aliens 6 times in the theatre that year. There was a lot of repeat viewers, because toward the end of the summer people were repeating movie lines, especially Hudson.
Posts: 7 | From: Lebanon, PA | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And somehow we've forgotten to add Flight of the Navigator to the mix as well.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home