iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Living in TVLand

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Living in TVLand
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen the previews for this??

I saw they were following Adam West and William Shatner and some other celebrities around.

What it looked like is, each week they follow a different celebrity around in their real life to see what they do all day.

Why do people care so much about what each other does all day long??

I like seeing the people....but I want tv shows that don't show what jerks people are.

I don't want anymore reality...I am so sick of it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Idol is reality TV and then some...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephlovahhh
Rewind Curious
Member # 4664

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for stephlovahhh         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i actually find it pretty amusing. They're airing an episode with Barry Williams [Greg Brady, anybody?!] tomorrow night on TVLand. and i'm looking forward to it. Shows us what they've been up to after all this time, you know? =o)for those who are curious, www.tvland.com/originals/litvl/. hope the link helps!
Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I clicked on Barry Williams, and got a Bounty paper towel commercial. What did I do wrong??

Does anyone else remember "Rosie" doing the Bounty commercials?

I see Adam West is on next week...I have meet him in real life, and he's very rude to his fans...I know other people who have meet him lots of times, so it wasn't a one time deal, he's extremely cold, and plain out and out rude..
I have never understood that about celebrities, why they go to events to meet fans...and are such jerks...I know alot of it is about the money, but if someone is paying you $35 for your autograph, you could at least pretend to give a hoot.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephlovahhh
Rewind Curious
Member # 4664

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for stephlovahhh         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, ISIS. the link actually starts out with a bounty commercial, im assuming as a sponsor? but if you just wait it out, the clip of Barry Williams actually starts playing. It's pretty interesting. He's due to pitch at a baseball game. And! you get to see Cindy Brady all grown up!

Sad to hear that Adam West is rude. =o/ He seems like a really decent guy.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I clicked on Barry Williams, and got a Bounty paper towel commercial. What did I do wrong??

Does anyone else remember "Rosie" doing the Bounty commercials?

Rosie was always the quicker-picker-upper, but she had nothing on Madge the Palmolive lady though.

Thanks for the link stephlovahhh, it looks like a cool idea for a show.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
He seems like a nice guy cause he's an actor. It is shocking how many people that are actors are not nice in real life.
AnyaKay27
Rewinder
Member # 4675

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AnyaKay27   Email AnyaKay27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far I have watched the Barry Williams and the William Shatner one and have yet to figure out the point. I did find the one about Williams a bit more interesting just cause it was funny when they announced him at the game as "Greg Brady" and it ****es him off...LMAO...other than that, I haven't found either of these documentaries of any use. When did reality become so un-real??
Posts: 33 | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That's a good question...I keep seeing that preview for the show UNANIMOUS on during American Idol, cause it comes on right after it...just the idea of it- is stupid...you have to convince everyone to give you a million dollars, and the longer it takes the less money there is.
People are money hungry greedy jerks....as if they are really going to agree to give it to someone else. NOT!

stephlovahhh
Rewind Curious
Member # 4664

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
www.tvland.com/originals/litvl/

Thanks for the link stephlovahhh, it looks like a cool idea for a show.

you're welcome,valley! did anybody else used to watch the Jeffersons?! bc Sherman Hemsley's supposed to be on this week's show [Wednesday, Apr 26]. i lovedd him on that show. always so blunt and short-tempered. who's watching this week?!

ISIS. in response to your post, i havent heard of "unanimous" yet,but just wondering what your take is on "deal or no deal"? bc it sounds somewhat of a similar format.

[ 22. April 2006, 14:12: Message edited by: stephlovahhh ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home