iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » ALICE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ALICE
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is coming to DVD:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5208

I loved this show.

I think the cover art for it is pretty cool.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men in Phoenix must have been very desperate in the 70s if Flo was considered a sex symbol.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Sam. Flo would look appealing if your only other choice was a cactus. It looks like the DVD is only going to be one of those favorite episodes DVDs vs. a whole season. They did the same thing with The Beverly Hillbillies...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey something is better than nothing (I am talking about the DVD not Flo- [Razz] )

To a bunch of middle aged men who can't get a date...Flo probably is their dream woman, funny how you 2 don't see it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the priesthood would be a better option. Actually Vera would be a better date option. Granted she's a little dingy but has more substance than Flo.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yeah...maybe so..I can picture you and her at the Prom. [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I'd get kicked out of the prom for bringing my own beverage. just hope she has a big backseat in her car or there's always the Valley Sheraton.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Vera at the Valley...Sammy at the Sheraton...It sounds like a movie in the making. [Big Grin]
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There isn't enough beer, liquor, illegal moonshine, etc... to ever get desperate enough for Flo. It's funny how you do see it Isis [Razz]
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Flo! But then again I'm a woman. I think Her sass makes up for what she's missing aesthetically.
I really have to add ALICE to my website cuz I loved that show when I was a kid in a never-miss-an-episode sort of a way. My Mom and me would be like "ALICE is on tonight!"
I watched re-runs of it on cable about ten years ago and still found myself laughing so I guess it has aged well.
The best episodes are the Flo ones though.
Does anyone remember Flo's spin off show? I dont think I ever saw it.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh I don't see it either...I just figured out of anybody that would, that you and Sam would be the 2 that thought she was hot. [Confused]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Mamamia-I agree about her sassiness...that's part of why I loved the show, her fighting with Mel, they were a perfect couple. Haha.
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mel was awesome! He was always on the verge of exploding and it was hilarious when he did! He was great in Loverboy, walking around in that green jumpsuit with a crowbar in his hand! Classic!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I liked him in Loverboy too, his background vocals on Working For The Weekend were awesome and his guitar playing wasn't too shabby either.
DeltaDeadDawn
Rewinder
Member # 4547

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DeltaDeadDawn   Email DeltaDeadDawn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kiss my grits when donkeys fly!!!!
Posts: 37 | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
DeltaDeadDawn-Those are words to live by...infact I might start using them when I need to talk to Motley and Noms. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nice Guy Sammy_Hain:
Men in Phoenix must have been very desperate in the 70s if Flo was considered a sex symbol.

Lemme see...Arizona desert town...truck stop diner...1970's...customers are usually blue-collar types or middle-aged guys...sassy-talking woman...

I'm not saying that Flo would've been a sex symbol, but I could see how some of the diner's customers would've been attracted to Flo.

And personally, I thought Diane Ladd played Flo better in the original movie version than Polly Halliday. (Ironically, when Polly left the show for her own spin-off "Flo", Ladd joined the "Alice" TV cast in 1980)

But I wonder why hasn't Linda Lavin (who played Alice) never had another success after this show?

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home