iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Jenga

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jenga
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw them talking about it on "I love the 80's Strikes Back", I didn't know it came out in 1985.

I remember Jenga and Pictionary were 2 games we played at a New Year's Eve party in 1987, 2 of my friends had birthday's on New Year's Eve, we all had graduated together, and it had been about a year and a half since we all had been together, so that was a really fun night...that's when group games like those were starting to become a new trend.

Does anyone still get together and play games with their friends??

We still do...the last 2 games we have played were Blurt! and Apples to Apples, anyone else ever play either of those??...what are some of your favorite party games?? My friend gave me a cute game for Christmas called..."LCR"...you can play it with little poker chip things, or you can use money. It looks kind of fun, I didn't have time to try it out yet.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The name "Blurt" sounds familiar. I think I may have played it at a friend's house before. What was the premise of it? I have fond memories of playing "Operation" and "Hungry Hippos" as a kid...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember playing that game with my cousins at my grandpa's house. It was a fun game.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite game was always Monopoly. We only had the classic version, with Park Lane, Mayfair and Pall Mall (the British version). There was an Aussie version released in the 80's, but we never got it.

If only I could get my hands on Gallipololopy or Rastamanopoly (or Edna Krabopoly)

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't think i have ever played JENGA.

but clue was always my favorite. i just wasn't very good at winning.

i bought hungry hippos for my daughter, she loved it.

monopoly and the game of life were cool too. it's been years since i have played.

2 games that i play every now and then with my cousins.... pictionary & balderdash (sp). those are fun.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else have the Planet Hollywood game?? That is a good one for movie fanatics.

I have Stack Attack which is just like Jenga, and I love the game Bandu...it is fun.

We love playing games...CLUE has always been a favorite of ours, and Battleship, and Pay Day.

But...I probably play Scrabble at least every day...and Boggle is the 2nd most played game at my house, and then Yatzee is probably 3rd.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooh yatzee! i used to like that game too. sheesh, i have not played it since grade school i think. now i have to buy it. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when I was pregnant I played a lot of JENGA and MONOPOLY (While all my fine old pals were at the bar without me!) I was, like Jenga Queen: Nobody could beat me.

You should get the 80s Name That Tune Scene It. We played that one this New Years Eve and I totally rocked!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home