iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Your top 5 New Wave songs... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your top 5 New Wave songs...
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My playlsit seems to change every day.

45 Grave-Riboflavin (80's Halloween sndtrcks start here)
Bow Wow Wow-(I'm a) TV Savage
Divinyls-Sleeping Beauty
Orange Juice-Rip it Up
Strawberry Switchblade-10 James Orr Street

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leslie Ann
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7387

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Leslie Ann   Email Leslie Ann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are my favorite 80's songs. More than 5 obviously. I'm sure 90% of them probably aren't "New Wave". But These are songs I love. Maybe you'll like them too!

In no particular order...

Gary Numan - Cars
The Sparks - Angst In My Pants
The B52's - Rock Lobster
Wang Chung - Fire In The Twilight
Simple Minds - Don't You[Forget About Me]
Men At Work - Down Under
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
Adam Ant - Goodie Two Shoes
Blondie - Heart Of Glass
Modern English - I Melt With You
Coelo - I Eat Cannibals
Psychedelic Furs - Pretty In Pink
Psychedelic Furs - Love My Way
The B52's - Love Shack
Toni Basil - Mickey
The Go Go's - Vacation
The Go Go's - Our Lips Are Sealed
The Clash - London Calling
The Clash - Rock The Casbah
Billy Idol - White Wedding
David Bowie - Let's Dance
Aha - Take On Me
Vapors - Turning Japanese
Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now
The Plimsouls - Million Miles Away
Josie Cotton - Johnny Are You Queer?

Posts: 13 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Sep 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know if I can limit it to just 5!

West End Girls - Pet Shop Boys
Take On Me - A-ha
Under the Milky Way - The Church
Something About You - Level 42
Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
Head Over Heels - Tears for Fears
Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears For Fears
Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
Cruel Summer - Bananarama

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
Talk Talk - Talk Talk
The Vapors - Turning Japanese
Burning Sensations - Belly of the Whale
Wall of Voodoo - Mexican Radio
The Church - Under the Milky Way
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax
Duran Duran - Electric Barbarella
Dexys Midnight Runner - Come On Eileen
Real Life - Send me an Angel
Dead or Alive - You Spin me Round (Like a Record)
Combo Audio - Romanticide
Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy
Dead Milkmen - Punk Rock Girl
Corey Hart - I wear my Sunglasses at Night
Bananarama - Cruel Summer
Eurythmics - Sweet Dream (Are made of These)
Debby Harry - The Jam was Moving
Missing Persons - Destination Unknown
The Motels - Only the Lonely
Naked Eyes - Always Something there to Remind me
Dream Academy - Life in a Northern Town
The Jacksons - Torture
Oingo Boingo - Weird Science
E.G. Daily - Say it, Say it

...oops...sorry..guess I went a wee bit past 5 there...anyway, yeah..there's my list..and it still goes on.

[ 07. January 2009, 16:28: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tainted love-soft cell, B-52's- rock lobster, the motels-only the lonely, western girls sorry forgot the name of the band, missing persons-destination unknown, naked eyes- always something there to remind me, talk talk, aha- take on me etc etc. lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice list, buffalo-girl. The song "West End Girls" is performed by The Pet Shop Boys. I love that song!
Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's it!! thank-you saturnchick i had a brain freeze lol have a great friday!!! i did forget only the lonely by the motels too!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cube_monkey
Rewind Curious
Member # 7675

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cube_monkey   Email cube_monkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of new wave songs. I have an obscure one for ya. I'd be shocked ( and happy) if anyone had any idea about this album.

I think it came out in LP in the UK either very late 70's or 1980 or so. It was a collection of very strange (but funny) electro pop-minimilist songs on it. "robot...." something was the title of it. Red and blue striped cover with i think a robot (of course) on it. very campy stuff.
it had Somnambulist by XTC, Being Boiled by Tubeway Army, and my personal favorite Making love to my wife I (i fear i will have to do it all my life) on about the cheeziest keyboards they could find. [Smile] No "hits" on this baby [Smile]
Its not quite the Ralph Records (Residents, tuxedo moon, Renaldo and the Loaf) sampler, but pretty dang close. [Smile]
This stuff is probably all out of print long ago, i have done searches ect. allmusic.com, google, nothing. I thought what the heck, ask here.
thank you.

Jay

Jay

Posts: 3 | From: colorado, USA | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
wow that is interesting i don't think i ever heard it? or heard of it for that matter? did you try e bay? sometimes they have alot of older stuff on there too? and very cheap i might add i get alot of my ratt and fixx cd's from there!
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cube_monkey:
Speaking of new wave songs. I have an obscure one for ya. I'd be shocked ( and happy) if anyone had any idea about this album.

I think it came out in LP in the UK either very late 70's or 1980 or so. It was a collection of very strange (but funny) electro pop-minimilist songs on it. "robot...." something was the title of it. Red and blue striped cover with i think a robot (of course) on it. very campy stuff.
it had Somnambulist by XTC, Being Boiled by Tubeway Army, and my personal favorite Making love to my wife I (i fear i will have to do it all my life) on about the cheeziest keyboards they could find. [Smile] No "hits" on this baby [Smile]
Its not quite the Ralph Records (Residents, tuxedo moon, Renaldo and the Loaf) sampler, but pretty dang close. [Smile]
This stuff is probably all out of print long ago, i have done searches ect. allmusic.com, google, nothing. I thought what the heck, ask here.
thank you.

Jay

Jay

Machines.....check it out:

http://www.discogs.com/release/104067

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cube_monkey
Rewind Curious
Member # 7675

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cube_monkey   Email cube_monkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Thank you Thank you. i know this is pathetic, but as you get older you go, man, that was a great album...what was it? lol. and you can't quite remember enough to google it!

Mystery solved!
thanks again
Jay

Posts: 3 | From: colorado, USA | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cube_monkey
Rewind Curious
Member # 7675

Rate Member
OMG...some of the stuff is available. LMAO LMAO.
the classification is " Synth-pop, Leftfield"...and it's just as funny today to me. I think its albums like this that influenced me way too much as a musician. And heck, why title a song "Let it be" or "wind beneath my wings" when you could title it "Ricky's Hand". bizarre stuff.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thanks again.
Jay

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad I could help Jay! Enjoy.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home