iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » worst songs of the decade (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: worst songs of the decade
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shout? Down Under? Sussudio? Somebody's Watching Me? Love all these. One that really bugged me "Locomotion" by Kylie Minoge.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hands up-Hipsway-club med music
Everybody have fun tonight-Wang Chung

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could I forget?

Don Johnson-heartbeat-went to #5 on the charts! OMG.
Bruce Willis-respect yourself
Joe Dolce-Shaddup in your face-this song generated a lot reaction a few years ago on this forum.
OXO-Whirly Girl
Living in a Box-Living in a Box
Huey lewis and the news-She hit me like a hammer

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with many here, but I have to admit that I really like Wang Chung. [Big Grin]

A song that truly makes me want to jump out the window is "Mr. Roboto" by Styx. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From those mentioned, Shout and A Good Heart are both great songs. Wang Chung is OK - certainly not the worst.

Suss-suss-sudio is terrible.

I need to add (for your derison and also for target practice):

Amityville (The House On The Hill) by Lovebug Starski

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh geez, i cannot stand living in a box.

i do, however enjoy mr. roboto [Big Grin] .

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The absolute worse and they play it ALL OF THE TIME is Bonnie Tyler "Total eclipse of the heart" I HATE this song!!!

I too like Mr. Roboto... Domo Arigato... [Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P.S. It's Paul....:
Men at Work - Down Under. Worse than Experimental Haemmorroid Surgery....

My God! That must have sucked... They had to do some work on you Down under"... Are you OK now? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by P.S. It's Paul....: Men at Work - Down Under. Worse than Experimental Haemmorroid Surgery....
jdocster04:
My God! That must have sucked... They had to do some work on you "Down under"... Are you OK now? [Big Grin]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sam 'The Made Man' Hain:
a few years ago Blender magazine considered We Built This City to be the worst song of all time. Worst might be a little strong but cringeworthy horrible it definitely is.

Those crazy guys at Blender magazine... You know they ate paint chips when they were little... [Smile]
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
you are correct. i really thought both songs came out around '88 or so.
It just means you get to choose two new songs you can't stand!

quote:
Suss-suss-sudio is terrible.
I always thought Sussudio sounded like Phil Collins trying to do a Prince song. It's staggering how huge Phil Collins was around that time.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I'd like to go back in time and get Prince to not make 1999, and Bruce to forget that he ever wanted to make "Born in the USA".

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home