iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Songs you connect a certain moment to.... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Songs you connect a certain moment to....
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great 80'sRocked [Big Grin] But think about Nena and kim wilde together?That is pretty awesome.Not an 80`s, tune but i just had to post this one.German and english sure works pretty cool together [Cool]

Here

[ 09. July 2008, 12:07: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think TKO and Bandit...you guys probably could relate to this song:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P_eSnmYv0KA

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Jermaine Jackson in the 80's...

This song was one of my favorites:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2TMpFFQ_BM4

This song was good too:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lGE970BBLZo&feature=related

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I think TKO and Bandit...you guys probably could relate to this song:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P_eSnmYv0KA

I think so too. [Wink]
It's one of my favorites BTW.

'I Engineer' and 'I Want You' were also good songs, but this one is their best.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anytime for sure ISIS [Big Grin] nice you agree TKO

Take care.

Stay cool!

All the best from the

Bandit.

[ 09. July 2008, 16:22: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

TKO,

I think Madness is awesome, I did the right thing though and bought the greatest hits when I was in England years and years ago.

As for the topic, I could go on for days. 80's songs cue visions of driving with my mother, not to mention all the videos that I used to watch.

I've been listening to the Monroe's forever.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bandit:
But think about Nena and kim wilde together? Here

That was great. Never saw that one before.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obsession - another good one.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deathbystereo80:
Does anybody remember this French song from 1988? France Gall - Ella, elle l'a
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkB-WWzsbg
This was an hommage to Ella Fitzgerald. (some idiot thought it would be a good idea to cover this song recently, though [Mad] )

That song has been covered at least twice. Once by another French singer named Alizée. But I assume the ‘idiot’ you mentioned would have to be Kate Ryan. She’s Belgian.. [Embarrassed]
No offence taken though, I prefer the original myself. [Wink]

Kate Ryan has a bad habit of covering old (preferably French) songs to which she adds a contemporary beat and then show some skin in her video’s. The funny thing is it works!
Her version of Ella Elle L’a hit n° 1 in Sweden and Spain. Why? I don’t know.. she isn’t even pretty to look at. Oh well…

During the 80’s, France Gall made some other good songs worth remembering, like: Il Jouait du Piano Debout, Tout Pour la Musique, Débranche, Babacar and Évidemment.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

TKO,

I think Madness is awesome, I did the right thing though and bought the greatest hits when I was in England years and years ago.

We are DEVO

I totally agree Devo.

I could still smack myself for missing the opportunity to see them live last year..

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home