iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Heart, Cheaptrick and Journey in Concert

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heart, Cheaptrick and Journey in Concert
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are coming close to where I live...for a concert...in August. I am hoping we can go to it.

How cool of a combo is that?

Posts: 13482 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun at the concert.

I like two out of the three bands that you mentioned. The other one makes me gag (except for just one of their songs). [Eek!]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That will be a great show. I saw Heart in concert way back in 1990. The opening band was Giant. That was awesome.
Posts: 3611 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 100  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many of the classic Journey lineup will be playing this one?
Posts: 2350 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Cheap Trick in a small venue (100 person capacity) about 10 years ago. They put on a great show........
Posts: 3842 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven-are you going to keep it a secret on which one makes you gag?

I am not crazy about Cheap Trick.

I love Journey and Heart. If they played those 2 first....and Cheap Trick was at the end, and they stunk...then I could go home...but something tells me that they will put Cheap Trick on first.

Posts: 13482 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey 80´sRocked! U saw Giant live back in the day?
How lucky you are. What a great band! Got all the albums.

New Journey lineup:

http://www.journeymusic.com/band.html

Don´t forget that there´s new album coming out soon from JRNY!

Man, it´s great to see that REAL music is still alive. Keep rockin´ you guys!

Posts: 5530 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Journey with the new lead singer (Arnel Pineda)sounds great! They just did an interview on TV the other night. 20/20 I think. Heart is great. Cheap Trick... So so for me...

I wonder if they're coming to Kansas City? hmmmm...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya, that was a real treat seeing Giant. I still love them today. I listen to "STAY" almost every day. All their songs are great.
Posts: 3611 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 100  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I saw Journey about 7 years ago, I didn't know the singer's name...if it's the same guy...they did sound great.

I wish Steve Perry would go back to touring...he is one of my all time favorite singers.

joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
journy just got a new lead singer last year i have never seen hart or journey befor but i did see cheap trick open for motley crue in 97 thay rocked
Posts: 304 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve Perry is one of the Gods!

I really don´t believe that he´s gonna tour ever again,
but at least he has started writing again!

7 years ago, the JRNY singer was Steve Augeri.

Posts: 5530 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a JOURNEY about a year or two ago and they were good...yeah, different lead singer which was sort of disappointing.

I saw CHEAP TRICK play for FREE at RYE PLAYLAND a few years ago and they were good. My sister is older than me and was a HUGE CHEAP TRICK fan ...she knew every song and had a blast. I guess I'm more familiar with their more well-known stuff (I Want You To Want me, The Dream Police, The Flame, Surrender) but theyw ere good.

Now HEART I have never seen....and I love them.

My sister was trying to talk me into this show. Maybe.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
RYE - PLAYLAND. Man, that brings back some good teen memories.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, up until a few years ago they had bands play there! I saw CHEAP TRICK, my oldest sister saw JOAN JETT, I believe RICK SPRINGFIELD played there.....good stuff. For some reason they didn't have anybody last year. I should go on their website and see if they still do shows over there (I don't think they do).

My husband has Army reserve this weekend whioch is a pity cuz he just found out BLONDIE is playing at GREAT ADVENTURE this weekend!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
My sister is older than me and was a HUGE CHEAP TRICK fan ....

Not in the 'taking up two seats' way, I hope?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3417 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From "The Smoking Gun" website, here's what Journey and Heart want backstage...

Heart's 2002 concert rider:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/heart/heart1.html

Journey's 2001 concert rider:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/journey/journey1.html

Other bands/singers/comedians can be found here:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/index.html

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you never saw zz top i wood segest going seeing them thay put on a awsum show the time i saw them i had 4th row seats by the stage i realy dont have a favoret zz top song i like everything thay puit out
Posts: 304 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this actual classic lineup with Ted Nugent back in 1977.
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home