iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Top 20 Albums of the 1980's - #13

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top 20 Albums of the 1980's - #13
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

OK, THIS IS A MUST HAVE!

#13 - Bad - Michael Jackson

Released August 1987

Album sales 11,900,000

Number ones = *

1) Bad*
2) The Way You Make Me Feel*
3) Speed Demon
4) Liberal Girl
5) Just Good Friends
6) Another Part of Me
7) Man In The Mirror*
8) I Just Can't Stop Loving You*
9) Dirty Diana*
10) Smooth Criminal
11) Leave Me Alone

With three of the best video's of all time on this album, we are also talking about one of the best MTV albums ever. Classic, absolutely classic. I personally never liked "Leave Me Alone" but this album totally rocked, even for those of us that at the time were totally against Mr. Jackson.

Also spun off the best spoof video ever... FAT

"Yo ding dong man, ding dong, ding dong yo."

Album Rating - 7/11 good songs = at least a 9, but not a 9.5 so I'll say 9.2

Need to own: Fo' Sho'

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LEAVE ME ALONE is awesome!!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard a lot of songs from the album, so I can say I like most of it already. ^_^

For a moment, though, I thought any album of his wasn't gonna make it on the list. What with all the nasty rumors & everything surrounding him...it can persuade a lot of people. Just ask my school chums...

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The list is based purely on US album sales - and he's sold a heck of a lot of records - whatever else he may have alledgedly been involved with.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see...*nods*
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home