iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Duran Duran

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Duran Duran
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I decided to transfer my Duran Duran videos to DVD today & was wondering what people thought of them?
I am copying Duran Duran The Music Videos, Arena, and Sing Blue Silver. I think they have to be considered one of top 10 bands of the 80s.

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MSU1girl
Rewind Curious
Member # 5689

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MSU1girl   Email MSU1girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JCWBobC:
So I decided to transfer my Duran Duran videos to DVD today & was wondering what people thought of them?
I am copying Duran Duran The Music Videos, Arena, and Sing Blue Silver. I think they have to be considered one of top 10 bands of the 80s.

Bob

Duran Duran ROCKS!!!! The Sing Blue Silver documentary is one of the best in the music industry. You have GREAT taste!!
Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Practicing with the new band last night. One of the tracks we are trying to do is Hungry Like The Wolf.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love(d) DURAN DURAN! OhmyGod. Total Duranny. Had their posters all over my walls!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitesnake
Rewind Curious
Member # 5698

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Whitesnake   Email Whitesnake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh relaxe - Duran Duran are good, nut there are a lot of better bands from the 80s IMO. Take a look at heavyharmonies.com or rocknation.dk for some good music from the 80s.
Posts: 8 | From: Haderslev | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitesnake
Rewind Curious
Member # 5698

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Whitesnake   Email Whitesnake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nut = but
Posts: 8 | From: Haderslev | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a Duranie. Oh yes I was!!! I was one of those girls whose jacket was covered in Duran Duran buttons. My bedroom wall was covered in posters. I had all of thier albums. Hey don't laugh it was the 80's. And besides, I have them on cd now so there. [Wink] [Big Grin]

I love to put my greatest hits cd and just think back. Their songs bring back great memories of my friends and I. Friends I am no longer in touch with. [Frown]

Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitesnake
Rewind Curious
Member # 5698

Rate Member
It's great to read about your memories. Anyway I think the original releases is to prefer instead of a compilation. Why should we laugh? It's a good thing to own original 80s albums. Back then good music was made! The grunge ruined that. But how come Duran Duran get all this attention. Sometimes the charts just control to much. I always found them a little bit borring compared to other artists from the 80s, but tastes differ!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DD striking videos put them in front of the pack in the 80's. Thet had some very catchy songs. John Taylor's bass playing was very underrated too, been playing along to Rio on bass and it is a challenge. The first three albums with the original lineup is the best, the first album being my favorite as it was the more darker and mysterious album compared to the other two. I thought they were more exciting than their contemporaries like Spandau Ballet or canada's DD Platinum Blonde.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Duran Duran quite a bit. When I was in a band we covered Girls On Film.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home