iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Chicks that Rock (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Chicks that Rock
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's some links to some cool videos of chicks that know how to rock. I purposely left both Lita Ford and Joan Jett off the list and went with some more lesser known performers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtmTg781SSU Femme Fatale 'Waiting For the Big One'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLSn7U0MwYA Femme Fatale 'Falling In and Out of Love'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sCWDRhKrG4 Cheetah 'Bang Bang'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBV6srBHSIQ Headpins 'Dont it Make Ya Feel'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBV6srBHSIQ Warlock 'All We Are'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUHrVeKYGfo Warlock 'Fur Immer'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEpX0jW1MlQ Warlock 'Fight For Rock'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzEJhQJzzwY Plasmatics 'The Damned'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aybFyYCaF7Q Cycle Sluts From Hell 'I Wish You Were a Beer'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aybFyYCaF7Q Girlschool '20th Century Boy'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2GHXAUmdZ0 Girlschool 'Play Dirty'

Femme Fatale Dang that Lorraine Lewis was hot and was part of two of the most recorded Headbanger Ball videos by young boys.

Cheetah obscure Australian band with two female lead singers

Headpins' Darby Mills had an amazing set of pipes on her. Great great voice.

Warlock and the ever lovely and diminutive Doro Pesch

Plasmatics and wendy O Williams were way ahead of their time. A very performance ridden band. Lots of good Plasmatics stuff on youtube that I recommend to all their fans

Cycle Sluts found out about them on Beavis and Butt-Head

Girlschool great great British girl rock group who does an amazing remake of T-Rex's '20th Century Boy'

I'm lovin youtube more and more everyday

Enjoy

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cristina Scabia of Lacuna Coil is definitely a chick that can rock.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swamped is an amazing song. Think I might make this a semi-regular thing I do where i post a bunch of links to youtube videos all sharing a common theme.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I went to IRON MAIDEN a few nights ago I met a guy there who said to me" You probably dont know who this is but: Dodo Pesch?" and I said "Yeah ! That girl from WARLOCK!" and he said that he had gone to a concert WARLOCK was the opening act for and he was up front with a WARLOCK t-shirt and "Doro's people" invited him backstage to meet her.
I hadnt thought about WARLOCK in years....so the next day I downloaded some of their songs. Doro had the same thing going on as Dio: Tiny person , great pipes.

What about L7?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Bricks are Heavy
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What no Vixen??

"I've been living on the edge of a broken heart..."

Richard Marx wrote this song for them if that tells you anything.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

never was a Vixen fan
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually like VIXEN. Do I think they could take L7 in a fight? NO!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
CYCLE SLUTS FROM HELL didnt actually know how to play instruments, did they?
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
What about Lee Aaron?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

go find her and add her if you want.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
When I try to play YOU TUBE videos I never get any sound. Do I have to be a "member" or something?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I don't think so.
Elvira Is My Real Mother
Rewind Curious
Member # 5064

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Elvira Is My Real Mother   Author's Homepage   Email Elvira Is My Real Mother   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta have Vixen!!!
Posts: 10 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Like I said earlier I'm not a vixen fan
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I think of chicks that rock, Vixen doesn't come to mind. I never considered them to be all that heavy anyway. They were more hairspray and makeup, kinda like female members of Faster Pussycat.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where was Lee Aaron's Metal Queen? She rocked in her day. Canadian too.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Docteure Musique
Rewind Curious
Member # 5125

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Docteure Musique   Email Docteure Musique   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's not "Rock" but i have to say that The Go-Go's really rocked!!! All the way! They are my favorite 80's chicks!
Posts: 2 | From: Québec | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Nothing wrong with the Go-Go's just didn't fit what I was going for in this thread, They'll show up eventually.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vixen were kind of overated in my opinion, what about a mention of the totally forgotten Precious Metal? I can't even find anything by them. Anyone remember them?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I had one of their cds...but it only had one or two songs on there I liked. They have a greatest hits for sale on AMAZON.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Great Kat, what is she up to now?
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't forget about Angela from Arch Enemy either........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat Benetar of course. And don't forget Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love joan jett myself !!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home