iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Now for the WORST song of the 80's (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Now for the WORST song of the 80's
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alex In Wonderland   Email Alex In Wonderland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, similar to my other thread, what is the SINGLE MOST cruddy song of the 80's for you; the one song guaranteed to make you want to stab your eardrums out with a pencil?

Ones for consideration:

Joe Dulche - Shaddapa a ya face (die die die!)
Visage - Fade to Grey (pretentious twaddle)
Chris De Burgh - Lady in Red (I don't care! Go away!)

Yours?

Posts: 171 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I tend to like Fade to Grey, but I can understand if you live in the UK, they play it more there.

I happen to hate Mickey. I hate Take On Me, unless I have been drinking. There are a few more, I'll get back to this.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to say Red, Red Wine. Oh how I despised that song.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many, many bad songs from the 80s. Most of them are fine if you only ever hear them the once. The problem was, these songs tended to get played over and over again, and became like a fork scraping the bottom of a metal saucepan....

Mickey is one, definately. Happy Birthday by Altered Images is another. Great to hear once, not great at all to hear five times in an hour. And I'm a fan.

songs that I can't even bear to hear once now? I can think of three - and no doubt it will gather disagreements:

3. fight For The Right - Beastie Boys. Now wtf was that all about. All it did was to make a bunch of shouty yobs rich and encourage 50% of Britain's youth to steal the VW badges off any beetle, Golf or Polo they could find.....

2. Kissing With Confidence - Will Powers. [Confused]

1. The only song I ever physically lifted from the turntable and snapped in half. Down Under, by Men At Work. Yeeech!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
State Of Shock by MICK JAGGER and MICHAEL JACKSON
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't Worry Be Happy -Bobby McFerrin
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GoldTransAM:
Don't Worry Be Happy -Bobby McFerrin

That would be the 2nd worse song for me.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sussudio is the worst song
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jump - Pointer Sisters....help me
Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Land of Confusion (new version is much better IMO)

I Got My Mind Set On You

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I'd like to commend everyone for some really solid choices.

Sussudio is terrible. Very terrible.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alex In Wonderland   Email Alex In Wonderland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Power Of Love by Jennifer Rush - truly detestable and THEN, to cap it all, CELINE DION (or Sealion Dion - attrocious honking) cover it! ARRRRRRRRRRGH
Posts: 171 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know that last one. How does it go?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
Honk honk honk, honk honk, honk honk honk honk, The Power Of Love, honk honk
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starship's Sarah gets my vote. While usually they get slammed more for We Built This City, I consider this far worse by several miles. Honestly, what kind of lyrics are, "No time is a good time for revise?" Grace Slick's singing from 1 to 10 on Sesame Street's Jazzy Spies segements was more lyrically mature than this.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyLove19781999
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2336

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BabyLove19781999   Email BabyLove19781999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Secret Lovers by Atlantic Starr
Posts: 371 | From: Ottawa & Fort Lauderdale | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too sexy by Right Said Fred some great words to live by.
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

I always thought the lyrics in Sara were "No time is a good time for Goodbyes."

I'll check it out.

WE are DEVO

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

I knew I wasn't losing my mind.

Here it is... I was right.
Starship - Sara Lyrics

Go now don't look back we've drawn the line
move on it's no good to go back in time
I'll never find another girl like you, for happy endings it takes two we're fire and ice, the dream won't come true
Sara, Sara, storms are brewin' in your
eyes
Sara, Sara, no time is a good time for goodbyes
danger, in the game when the stakes are high
branded, my heart was branded while my senses stood by
I'll never find another girl like you, for happy
endings it takes two
we're fire and ice, the dream
won't come true
Sara, Sara, storms are
brewin' in your eyes
Sara, Sara, no time is a good
time oh
Sara, Sara, storms are brewin' in your eyes
Sara, Sara, no time is a good time for goodbyes('cause Sara) loved me, like no one ever loved me
before(and Sara) hurt me, no one could ever hurt me
more(and Sara) Sara(and Sara) nobody loved me
anymoreI'll never find another girl like youwe're fire and ice, the dream won't come trueSara, Sara, no time is a good time ohSara,
Sara, storms are brewin' in your eyesSara, Sara, no
time is a good time for goodbyesSara, Sara, storms
are brewing in your eyesSara, Sara, no time is a good
time, nooh Sara, why did it, why did it, why did it all
fall apart

We are DEVO

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Land of Confusion (new version is much better IMO)

haha motz. you really like the disturbed version?? i'm not too crazy about it.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
Got another - Reunited by Peaches & Cream - please god, it's swful - make it go away
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ain't missing you- John Waite. What a giant pile of garbage.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely despise the song "Harden my Heart" by Quarterflash. The station gets changed real quick what that comes on...

"I'm gonna swallow my teeeEEEEEEeeEEEEEEeears"

Like nails on a damn chalkboard...

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alex In Wonderland:
Again, similar to my other thread, what is the SINGLE MOST cruddy song of the 80's for you; the one song guaranteed to make you want to stab your eardrums out with a pencil?

Ones for consideration:

Joe Dulche - Shaddapa a ya face (die die die!)
Visage - Fade to Grey (pretentious twaddle)
Chris De Burgh - Lady in Red (I don't care! Go away!)

Yours?

Visage???? [Eek!]

No way - that's a CLASSIC song!!!!

....mind you, I do agree that Joe and Chris are total horsesh*t! [Wink]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefox
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5000

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for firefox   Email firefox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for my list, the Top 3 Worst Song are:

Knife - don't know who the H*!# sang that song, but he sure sounds like a big looser to me.
"knife,cuts like a knife
How will I ever live
I'm so deeply wounded" - I think I'm in nursery/Kindy when I heard this song and still up to now I hate it.

Tarzan Boys - don't know the artist. The only word you can hear in the chorus is "Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh" I can visualized Chita not Tarzan.

Shake Buddy Buddy Dancer - Don't know the artist but I've seen the video and it's far worst than the song.

I hope these make sense to some [Cool]

Posts: 29 | From: Sydney | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home