iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Depeche Mode

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Depeche Mode
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I pulled out my Depeche Mode videos to transfer to DVD and wanted to see why everyone thought about them.

The videos I am transferring are:
Some Great Videos
Strange
The World We Live In and Live in Hamburg
Depeche Mode 101

Any thoughts on the band and what are your favorite songs?

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alex In Wonderland   Email Alex In Wonderland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave Gahan stole my mother in law's garden gnome! And that's a fact.

"Songs of Faith and Devotion" is the best Depeche Mode album. The songs are just awesome - taking the whole 'sex-death-religion' thing to it's pinacle for them, continuing the excellent work that they did on Violator. It is one of my all time favourite albums.

Posts: 171 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some Great Reward is my fav. Also have Violator and Ultra (David Gahan's triumphant return). Black Celebration is one of my favorite DM songs.....
Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this band rocks
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ilove Music for the Masses, I can listen to that all day long.
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefox
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5000

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for firefox   Email firefox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're the BEST band for me. Bands like them never fades, they're a legend.DM's last album as far as I know is the 'Precious' & 'Playing the Angels'-2005. All their songs are perfect if you we're to ask me. Since you ask which is the best, I have my vote on two songs. One is 'But Not Tonight'-Stripped album (this one embraces life) & the other one is 'Waiting For the Night to Fall'-Violator album(from the Movie 'King of New York'). I hope you enjoy it too [Cool]
Posts: 29 | From: Sydney | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definitely the best synth pop group. gahan has one of the best voices.

i'm luving the latest cd they made. suffer well is greatness.

as for their older stuff,

but not tonight
strangelove
policy of truth
..are favorites

but i can listen to anything they do!!!!!!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home