iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Need help with FREESTYLE song Roses Are Red

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with FREESTYLE song Roses Are Red
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have a Freestyle Dance tape with all these good songs on it. I have found most of them but there is one song I'm stuck finding:
Its a song about a girl who works in a flower shop. Everyday a guy comes in and buys flowers. She has a crush on him. At the end of the song he buys roses and hands them to her and says "These are for you".
The chorus of the song goes like this:

"If Roses Are Red
And Violets Are Blue
Why Cant You See I'm In Love WIth You"

This has been driving me nuts for over a decade. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huh? is that an actual song from a movie, or from that tape, do you need someone to continue a freestyle or what?
Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The song you are looking for is
"Roses Are Red" by Maribell. I love freestyle music! Everything from Shannon to Sweet Sensation to Cynthia and TKA! You might want to check out this list.

100 Greatest Freestyle Songs

And here are the lyrics to your song. Enjoy!

Everyday I'd see him
As he browsed around my store
He would come to buy my flowers
He would notice nothing more
How often I sat dreaming
Of the day he'd buy a rose
Place it in my hair
And kiss my lips and hold me close

Chorus:
If roses are red and violets are blue
Why can't you see I'm in love with you
If I can feel love as much as I do
Then why aren't you feeling my love for you

I waited while he looked around
It seemed to be for hours
To tell him all the love
That grew along with all the flowers
As I wrapped them up I envied
The girl he'd give them to
He handed them right back to me
And said these are for you

If roses are red and violets are blue
Why can't you feel what I want you too
The love I can give both tender and true
Flowers are all I can give to you

As I wrapped them up I envied
The girl he'd give them to
He handed them right back to me
And said these are for you

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and Oreb, Freestyle is a kind of music. It's actually like Latin flavored dance music. It was extremely popular in the late 80's and early 90's. Hope that helps [Smile] .
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy, if I could kiss you right now I would! I have been looking for that song forever!

The problem with a lot of the Freestyle hits is most of them were done by One Hit Wonders...and so the artists arent really considered popular enough for the music to be readily available.

I love TKA, CYNTHIA, CORO, STEVIE B, EXPOSE and all those guys. Thanks for the list. Im going to print it out and see if there are any other "gems" missing from my collection!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
The problem with a lot of the Freestyle hits is most of them were done by One Hit Wonders...and so the artists arent really considered popular enough for the music to be readily available.

Do you download music at all? I have found alot of these songs on LimeWire. Is there anything in particular you're looking for? I could always email you some songs. Anything for a fellow freestyle fan.

Oh yeah, your choices are right on. I love Expose's first album wih "Come Go With Me" and Stevie B's "Spring Love." So good!

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I just joined a downloading service called MY MUSIC INC. and they have helped me find a lot of good ones.

I also have stuff on cd like CYNTHIA's GREATEST HITS, STEVIE B's GREATEST HITS, TKA's GREATEST and LIZETTE MELENDEZ's GREATEST. But I got stuck on MARABELL. Dont really remember her. But my download service has her so now I have that song too!

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Wow, thats a good list. SOme of those songs I didnt realize I knew until I downloaded them and heard them again! Im gonna be mad busy making freestyle cds this week!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home