iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » We are the 80's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We are the 80's
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just was watching VH-1 Classics, and saw some awesome videos. I had never seen the video for Head Over Heels (Not that I remember)...and I loved Belinda Carlisle's gray sweat shirt hanging off her shoulders, like from Flashdance. I had a pair of earrings exactly like hers, only a different color...hers were pink, and she had gray leggings on with pink jelly shoes. It was totally cute.

Then I saw Synchronicity II- which I love that song...but I never saw the video before...Sting looked a ton like Billy Idol in that video. The video was awesome...he was hanging on a wire, and it looked so cool.

I was thinking again how in the past 10 years...there hasn't been anybody "COOL" in the music world.

Heart did the song "Who will you run to"...they were awesome, they looked cool and were great singers. I just can't believe it that nobody else has that whole "star" quality to them any more.

I also saw Fleetwood Mac singing "The Chain" in a video done at a concert...and there was Stevie with her tambourine again...and she was so awesome.

There was so much good music in the 80's.

I saw ASIA is going to start touring again for an 20th anniversary tour.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefox
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5000

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for firefox   Email firefox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well aren't we lucky! We live in the era where artists used to be just 'BRILLIANT'. Nowadays, I don't think they thought carefully about their songs anymore. It's like they make songs to make a living & be popular ,not like before the song lives by itself to the masses, then the singer followed. [Cool]
Posts: 29 | From: Sydney | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Bonjovi and the song runaway and you don't know me. John was skinny then.
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home