iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » A Jani Lane solo album?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Jani Lane solo album?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I was browsing the cd's at my local used store and I come across this in the L section. I look at the cover and it says Jani Lane of Warrant fame. He's got short hair and he looks like he;s wearing some punkish, alternative rocker clothes. Anyone know if this stuff is crap, or not?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tidalwavetiburon
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4939

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tidalwavetiburon   Email tidalwavetiburon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap is an under statement. Here is a few clips from it

http://shop.fye.com/product.aspx?sku=202316288&loc=50244

I really dont like it, but who knows you may

Posts: 14 | From: mass | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard it's not the best thing in the world. I've never actually heard it myself, but I remember an interview somewhere and it's not the kind of music of Warrant. I think it's supposed to be more alternative.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny how alot of bands tried to go grunge/alternative when grunge finally hit big in the 90s. I can't see Jani Lane wearing a flannel shirt for the life of me. LOL.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of bands tried to toughen up when grunge hit like the Cure, LA Guns, Love/Hate etc. I was never a huge Warrant fan, but some of the music seemed to capture the times which I got caught up in. It would be interesting to see what kind of non-Warrant stuff he comes up with nevertheless.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
It's funny how alot of bands tried to go grunge/alternative when grunge finally hit big in the 90s. I can't see Jani Lane wearing a flannel shirt for the life of me. LOL.....

I always loved those tight a z z leather pants he wore...flannel, I don't think, would work for him.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home